Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Remarks about Corbeau Classic Seats?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlo914
Just today some fellow was just glancing at the interior of my 14 and mentioned how someone would be slidiing around with the stock buckets. Overhearing that, i decided to research on some retro looking bucket seats. The following is a Corbeau "Classic" :
dlo914
Any other suggestions for replacement seats?
Aaron Cox
how much?
Martin Baker
I just bought a pair GTA Lowbacks, but I am going to exchange them (Thanks Parts Heaven) for the Corbeau Clubmans in black Vinyl. I sat in it, and it wasn't what I thought it would be. Plus I wanted the slots for the Harness to pass thru.
dlo914
They're ranging from $199 to $258...and being asian im trying to find the lowest price possible laugh.gif
Martin Baker
The Clubman is $225.00 per seat plus mounts.
dlo914
Corbeau "classic II" :
Brad Roberts
That seat looks pretty good. Looks like it was made for the 914.

B
mudfoot76
The PO of my car installed something from Corbeau that looks very similar to the "Classic II". They have great side bolsters and are wonderful on DE days. The shoulder straps on my 4pts fit nicely around the headrest. I don't know what they originally cost, but I am very happy with them...
Sparky
IIRC the Corbeau Classic II is supposed to be a replica of the optional GT style seat for the 914. Once I have the extra cash I'm getting a pair. I've found for as low as $199 each.

Mike D.
GaroldShaffer
I has looking at those seats last night trying to make up my mind which I like better, the Hybirds or Corbeau "Classic". I would really like to see one in a teener, anyone have any pics???
datapace
Damn, here they are for $199 w/FREE SHIPPING:

http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/60914.html

Not sure if its a coincidence the part number ends in 914 biggrin.gif

I'd be interested in some pics, too. Had been thinking about the renegade seats, but these look great, too.

-datapace
Aaron Cox
group buy! smilie_pokal.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
mudfoot76
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Sep 22 2004, 09:10 AM)
I would really like to see one in a teener, anyone have any pics???

Here is a very bad pic unsure.gif
GaroldShaffer
If you go to Corbeau website the classic & classic II has options you can get with it like inflatable lumbar supports.

idea.gif Well that does it for me, the classics win, now which one do I want????

http://www.corbeau.com/prod_index/prod_index.shtml
d914
classic ii's
Rocky
I have a pair of the Classic-II's and have been driving with them for 2 years. Up-side, is they really hold you where you sit. Also you can use your exhisting brackets with minor mods. mueba.gif Down-side, there is a structural bar about mid scapula that can irritate after 50+ miles. Also very hard to get in and out of car even with seat full back. aktion035.gif

Sorry I'm at work or pics would be attached.

Tim
jim912928
The classic II's look alot like my Konig's. I bet you could bastardize the headrest off of the old teener seats...have them recovered in like material of the classic II's...and you'd have a pretty stock looking seat from outside/rear/etc but with those great big side bolsters....kind of like this (my konigs):
Scott S
The Classic II does NOT fit in to the back pad, or even into the firewall recess if you remove the back bad. The bottom cushion is also 2-3" taller than stock. If you are over 5'8" you will not fit and your legs will be pressed firmly against the steering wheel.
The guys at Corbeau didn't even flinch when I asked to return them. The salesman said it happened with many of the seats destined for 914's.

Unles you are of slight build, save your money. Trust me - we spent hours upon hours trying to make them work in my car (that has no backpad). Even if I wanted to replace my wheel with a smaller one, I would not have been able to comfortably drive the car with the top on. With a helmet? Forgettahboutit.

I now have a year on my renegade seats. They show zero wear, and look great. As well, the shorty bottom cushion dropped me a couple of inches in the car wich is awesome.
scruz914
PO of my car put in Classic IIs. I took them out because I am tall (6'2") and the fit was too tight. They do not fit back into the firewall pad cutout so you can not push the seats all the way back. Also the clearance for the e-brake lever is very tight. I sold the seats to another 914club member (don't remember who). If he sees this he might be able to provide photos. The quality of the seats is good. Plenty of bolster. I thought the seats were heavy and someone who is concerned about weight might want to go for a lighter model/brand.

-Jeff
dlo914
hmm from santa cruz aye jeff? might be heading up there sometime later in the year to visit a buddy...:::random thought:::
scruz914
There are a couple of us from the Santa Cruz area. Drop me a PM when you plan your trip and maybe we can get a 9:14 breakfast going on what we call "this side of the hill".

-Jeff
dlo914
on 2nd thought about getting a new set of seats :::after checking my wallet laugh.gif ::: imma just have the bottom cushions of the stock seats reupholdstered using the vinyl i found off a super bug driving.gif
DougC
Jim, how much were those Konig's ? I like them better than the Corbeau's... also where did you purchase them from?

Doug C
Martin Baker
For the folks who can afford that little extra...

http://www.gts-classics.com/index.html

http://vintageseats.com/index.htm
flyloki
Someone in the past coupla months had posted about some Miata replacement seasts that were drop-in cheap comfy and supportive.

Maybe these?IPB Image
jim912928
Konig's for the 914 are no longer made. I was lucky to find a used set that were mint. Found them in this forums classified section about 6 mos ago. Post a "WTB" and you may come up lucky.
Martin Baker
This site shows the Konig's still available, but I did not call about them. In the race section.

http://www.raceway-usa.com/racing%20seats....m#RACING%20LINE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.