Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: PDA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
Wife needs new PDA quick.

Need big color screen and Pocket PC OS. Don't think she needs wifi or BT.

Any recommendations?

thanks
Red-Beard
Lots of guys where I used to work like the Dell for the money - Pocket PC OS.

Personally, I like my Treo - combined phone and PDA and it has unlimited internet access through T-Mobile. 1 device instead of 2.
Part Pricer
You didn't give a price range.

You don't think that you want WiFi, but you do. The one slot that you get in these things becomes valuable real estate. Most of the newer devices have this built in anyway.

If I was going to buy one today, I'd look at the HP (Hewlett-Packard) iPAQ hx4705. 624MHz, 128MB, SD/MMC Card/Compact Flash. Nice 4" screen as well.
Rhodes71/914
And I thought this was going to be about Public Display of Affection. Which I feel if your comfortable with it go for it. grouphug.gif
jim912928
I use an IPAQ and am fairly happy with it. Only problem is if you let the battery totally drain down..you have to reinstall your user apps/data (goes back to the initial load)
dinomium
I loath HATE despize! My Blackberry... lousy fone and worse PDA
Ipaq is the way to go... IMO...
tbil
I would add a second vote for the IPAQ. Have been using an IPAQ for several years now - easy to use, very durable (slid off the roof of the teener and have dropped more than once), bright screen and their prices are pretty good.

Have tried the Blackberry and Palm but found them less intuitive. Also had a Handspring for a short time but ended up returning as never worked right.

Good luck with your purchase
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.