Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914club.com website will be shut down!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
the 914world.com website will be shut down for most of

Sunday, September 26th

probably starting around noon (or whenever i get up).
i'll be moving everything over to a spare compaq DL380 server that i have sitting in the colo, collecting dust.

the specs are:
Compaq ProLiant DL 380
Dual 664MHz Intel CPUs
4 GB of RAM
108 GB of HD space (raid 0+1)

this should significantly improve site-handling ...
smash.gif Andy
SLITS

GASP, AAARRRRRUUUUGGGGGHHHH

What will I do for a whole day? My life is at an end. I can't stand it.......shuddddder.......I must post........is the Bird site still up rolleyes.gif

Damn Deutschers anyway - they always gotta screw with something........the world, rockets, cars, etc unsure.gif
lagunero
Good luck Andy!!

Are you going to set it up so the site can handle political and religious content laugh.gif
fiid
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Good job Andy.

Let me know if I can help at all.

l8r,

Fiid.
Brad Roberts
That should bring some views to this thread (shutdown).

Andy and I spoke about needing a few people for testing..

Thanks Andy,

it will be nice to know that I can help admin the box and push content to it easier than this current box.

B
maf914
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 22 2004, 10:20 AM)
That should bring some views to this thread (shutdown).

Yeah, I thought Qarl and Miles had got into an argument about transvestites or something! laugh.gif
boxsterfan
You mean I might have to actually ** work ** ohmy.gif on my teener instead of spending the entire day on this site?

Thanks for all of your hard work keeping this site running!
J P Stein
QUOTE(maf914 @ Sep 22 2004, 10:32 AM)

Yeah, I thought Qarl and Miles had got into an argument about transvestites or something! laugh.gif

Hay, gud idea....we can over to the bird board Sunday and have a knockdown/dragout before Dave kills the thread....then start a new one. laugh.gif
mike_the_man
Speaking of Dave, I haven't seen him here lately. Is he too good for us, now that his teener is running?
davep
What are the specs of the box we are currently running on?
SteveSr
For me the transition will be seamless,since I can only post from work biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

SteveSr
Brad Roberts
Dave has a girlfriend now and is in the process of having a new condo built. Last time I spoke with him he sounded "distant".. like he didnt want to "chat" with me. If he shows up to the breakfast this weekend I'll find out the "skinny" on why he hasnt been around.

B
SteveSr
QUOTE(mike_the_man @ Sep 22 2004, 11:27 AM)
Speaking of Dave, I haven't seen him here lately. Is he too good for us, now that his teener is running?

Hey!,I hadn't thought of that,what will I do when my teener if off the jack stands??? idea.gif confused24.gif ohmy.gif

SteveSr
davidcalvin
Whew.. thought you meant permanently..
J P Stein
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 22 2004, 11:59 AM)
Dave has a girlfriend now and is in the process of having a new condo built. Last time I spoke with him he sounded "distant".. like he didnt want to "chat" with me. If he shows up to the breakfast this weekend I'll find out the "skinny" on why he hasnt been around.

B

Uh-oh......
Maybe he's growing up.....what a bummer sad.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Sep 22 2004, 12:16 PM)
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 22 2004, 11:59 AM)

B

Uh-oh......
Maybe he's growing up.....what a bummer sad.gif

Nah...growing up is optional....growing old....well....that's YOU.... wacko.gif
Joe Ricard
Sunday is for racing anyway. as long as the site is back up Monday for bragging biggrin.gif
mike_the_man
Phhh, who needs a girlfriend when you have a 914. Sounds like Dave needs to get his priorities straight! Hmm, I wonder if the running 914 contributed to his getting a girlfriend? Well, good for Dave, I guess. Just hope he doesn't forget about us.
Sparky
Whoaaaa Back up, Dave has a running 914?!!!! Since when? I thought he was plagued with Dirk Wrights Disease! Come on this has to be a joke, Dave and I can not both have running 914s at the same time. It's never happened!! Dave is it true? Dave... Dave? YO DAVE wavey.gif

Mike D. <--- Still in shock that Dave has a running 914!!
Jenny
This universe can't support both Dave and his running 914. Hence the recent disappearance of dave. sad.gif Poof!

Jen
JoeSharpOld
Jen: You should have washed your car before your boyfriend posted it. biggrin.gif
Joe
jimtab
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 22 2004, 10:00 AM)
the 914world.com website will be shut down for most of

Sunday, September 26th

probably starting around noon (or whenever i get up).
i'll be moving everything over to a spare compaq DL380 server that i have sitting in the colo, collecting dust.

the specs are:
Compaq ProLiant DL 380
Dual 664MHz Intel CPUs
4 GB of RAM
108 GB of HD space (raid 0+1)

this should significantly improve site-handling ...
smash.gif Andy

So, are these race parts, what's the 0-60 time, huh? Sorry, lo-tech moment...
Jenny
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Sep 23 2004, 05:55 PM)
Jen: You should have washed your car before your boyfriend posted it. biggrin.gif
Joe

Joe, you've met me, so you have an idea how short I am. No way I can hop on top of that volvo. a 914, maybe..

Jen
SirAndy
alright guys and gals, countdown is on ...

3 ... 2 .... 1 ....

now go out and work on your car, or, if you're in florida, turn your bathtub upside down and pray ...
type.gif Andy
Bleyseng
zero.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.