Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil pressure control valve plug
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
So it is a triple square cap screw plug. Bigger than 12mm where do I get one of those? Or does someone have a better idea. Shouldn't be too tight If I can get something to fit in it. Nearly bought a big Easyout but decided against it for the moment.
DNHunt
Joe

Is this for the yellow car. That Sunday in Gold Bar was fun.

If it's the one under cylinder #1 we got it out with tools we had around the house. Memory is kind of fuzzy, (mind you, this looks like a small light at the end of a long tunnel) says try a 3/8" drive in it. I think we used an extension without a socket. The other one is tap it loose with a chisel.

Dave
Dominic
The correct tool is a 12 point x 14mm (kind of pricy when I bought mine). I think you can also use the head of a 6mm bolt (10mm 6 point bolt/nuts)?
Joe Ricard
Yea Dave Yellow car. I think this engine is slowly dying. Not because I drive the living piss out of it. idea.gif So not being able to leave well enough alone thought it would be worth a try to see what happens. smash.gif

Got plans to put in my hopped up 2.0L motor real soon. so no worries.

12 pt x 14mm Thats a rare tool. Largest I could find here was 12mm. Going to look at my nuts to see what fits. (shut up) slap.gif
Joe Ricard
Hey thanks Dave, 3/8" drive universal joint fit right in there. Put a 8" long extension on it and it came right out. Oil pressure is higher now. Will drive it to work and see what it does with warm oil.
Good thing these are not tight and this motor was not put together by a gorilla.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.