Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spotted this former Brad Mayuer car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
My friend purchased this car from Brad Mayuer many years ago now. He sold it about 8 years ago now and we kind of lost track of it. I spotted it on it's way to the local frame and axle shop to get some serious rust repaired. The owner told me he is freshing up the 2.0. This car was Fast with a capitol "F"! I invited the owner to check us out and told him I was posting a picture of his car. Maybe he'll check us out.

Brad, if you read this, this is the car we talked about at the MWC! Coool!
SirAndy
try to weasle your way out of it by double posting, eh? biggrin.gif

nice wheels!
cool.gif Andy
rick 918-S
laugh.gif Caught me! I forgot to load the photo and clicked on the "X" to stop the download but I was too late. So I copied and pasted the post. Then went to delete the first one. You were quick with the Emocon! aktion035.gif
SpecialK
I'd like to get ahold of a car that Brad Mayeur owned, it'd be one solid car! I've got a set on my '73 hovering space hog in the garage, don't imagine there'll be much torsion problems with that car.
rick 918-S
Unfortunately this is a pre- Brad Mayeur chassis stiffing kit. This car needs inner and outer longs and maybe a suspension consul. I hope the owner doesn't get discouraged!
MattR
For my own reference, is that the proper way to trailer a 914? I always thought you wanted the driving wheels to be on the trailer, or better yet a flat bed (unless of course the driving gear is taken out).
rick 918-S
QUOTE(MattR @ Sep 22 2004, 07:09 PM)
For my own reference, is that the proper way to trailer a 914? I always thought you wanted the driving wheels to be on the trailer, or better yet a flat bed (unless of course the driving gear is taken out).

Engine and transaxle is out.
Joe Ricard
If the engine and transaxle are out then the drive shafts must also be out. No problem pulling a 914 like that with all the drive line in. just leave it in nuetral.
seanery
It's safe to tow a car with engine that way as well.
GaroldShaffer
I'd like to get ahold of a car that Brad Mayeur owned, it'd be one solid car

Like this one below. biggrin.gif It's solid, has crap paint and some dings & dents but I can live with that for now. Oh, its a 1970 with a 2.0L w euro p&c, side shift, koni adjustables, front & rear sway bars and a 19mm master cylinder. Handles great. I wub.gif my car!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.