Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trunk Replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kwlane
Click to view attachment

Got back from vacation couple of days ago so started to work on the '76 yellow roller I bought about a month ago. The car was Nepal Orange as orignal color so at some point need to decide if want to keep it yellow or go back to original color. However first thing to do was dive in and replace the trunk. Cut out worst and have back end of another car to use for replacement metal. Also ordered a replacement rear floor as that is pretty well rusted out as well. Hellhole will be next, needs some clean up and then major rust issues addressed.

After being in Hawaii for a couple of weeks it sure is cold in my Washington State driveway!
TravisNeff
keep posting pics of your progress, i have the same job to do in the near future. nepal orange gets my vote all the way, or a little brighter with continental orange
kwlane
Got a back end of a yellow car with the roller (thanks Jeff) to use for replacement of the rusted out trunk of the yellow roller. Cleaned up the metal and primed it with weldtru primer in area to be cut and regular primer in center. After work today made a template to use to cut out the section that will be welded into the roller car. Hope to cut out section later this week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.