Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Head Vent
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
timothy_nd28
I have searched the database about this matter, but all threads tend to point towards carb related cars only.

I have a 74 1.8L that I'm putting back together, with the original Ljet FI system. There are 2 head vents nipples, but I have no idea where to run these to? Does anyone have a picture of a stock setup?
I'm also confused, my other 914, a 75 1.8L doesn't have such things. From what I can tell, it looks like the exact same engine, except these silly nipples next to the manifolds. I'm using alot of my 1975 parts to piece together my newer 74, and I'm just missing pieces related to this vent setup.

Sorry again for bringing up this subject. Thanks for any advice
reharvey
The later cars didn't have the vents in the heads. The hoses go to a three nipple valve thats screws to the blower housing toward the left. I'm sure there is a diagram showing this but I don't have it.
type47
look at post #2 of this thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=175278

The diagram in the 2nd post shows the routing of the head vent hoses. They are connected to an "anti flash-back" valve then connected to the air cleaner housing.
timothy_nd28
Helpful, but that picture diagram isn't a Ljet system. Surely someone on this forum has a picture of their stock Ljet setup? I'm a visual person, it would make much more sense to me seeing this all laid out, the way the factory intended it to be.
SLITS
As stated, the L-Jet did not use head vents. Plug them for L-Jet use.

Someone switched heads or drilled them for vents.
ClayPerrine
I can't believe I am going to do this.......

agree.gif with Slits (GASP!!)

The L-Jet system uses a closed crankcase ventilation. The intake tube hooks to the oil filler, so any blow by gets picked up by the intake. The head vents were never drilled on a 1.8L. So just put metal plugs in them and be done with it.

timothy_nd28
Thank you, thank you. Something didn't seem right. I will plug the hell out of them! happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.