Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BUILD-OFF CHALLENGE: A New Beginning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
hot_shoe914
I picked the car up today and took some Andy photos with my phone. I figured I might as well start documenting this one as it will be a complete build from a shell.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

More to follow.
hot_shoe914
Click to view attachment
Yes, that is a complete air conditioning system in the tub.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

More to come.
hot_shoe914
Click to view attachment

I will begin work on it next weekend. I will take an actual camera and get lots more pics hopefully.

Enjoy the slow progress.

Shoe
IronHillRestorations
. . . and HE SCORES!
jaxdream
AHhhh ! Yo gots some blue suede shoe !!! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Jack
Dr Evil
So....is this one going to Scotty, too?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 19 2012, 01:02 PM) *

So....is this one going to Scotty, too?

Well, the metal work is going to be done by me and a very generous friend. He said if I will get all the bad metal out, he will weld in the new stuff for me. I have the back firewall, engine shelf and inner fender well. Still need the piece going down to the hell hole. He said he might try to fabricate it. Afterwards, there is some discussion about going to Scotty for paint. confused24.gif I took off today so I can unload the trailer full of boxes and tubs that hold the rest of the car. The motor has been refreshed and is attached to the tranny awaiting installation. Was more of a project than I wanted but the price was right and Christine is really no longer safe to drive.

Time will tell, hopefully it will end up a nice driver.
hot_shoe914
Here is a pic of the pieces I have and the one I need. I have A,B and C, I either need to buy or fabricate piece D.

Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
What about your car(s) at Scotty's already? I am not keeping up on your 914 harem, tis why I am asking. smile.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 19 2012, 03:13 PM) *

What about your car(s) at Scotty's already? I am not keeping up on your 914 harem, tis why I am asking. smile.gif

It is still in the works at his convenience. I send him monthly payments and he can do whatever he likes. He knows I'm not in a hurry. I will probably be sending him payments til you sign my death certificate. drunk.gif
hot_shoe914
I guess I got a better deal than I thought. Unloaded the trailer full of parts that came with the car. EVERYTHING was in really awesome shape.Uncut door panels, everything bagged and tagged,ac system looks to be in great shape. Plenty of spare parts, I'm getting excited. I honestly believe this is the nicest teener I have purchased. Looking forward to the build and the finished product.

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
rick 918-S
Dude, you got it bad! screwy.gif laugh.gif We'll be watching! smile.gif popcorn[1].gif
saigon71
Not a bad looking tub Shue...especially if all the parts are there. beerchug.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Mar 20 2012, 07:04 AM) *

Not a bad looking tub Shue...especially if all the parts are there. beerchug.gif

It is a complete car Bob, it is just stripped down and in tubs and boxes. Has a fresh motor ready to install. She is complete, just disassembled. Will take a lot of work but should be worth it in the long run.

beerchug.gif
okieflyr
Looks good Shoe! don't go soft on us with the a/c and all.
It just ain't right driving a teener in the summer without sweaty pits....
hot_shoe914
Looks good Shoe! don't go soft on us with the a/c and all.

Sorry Bro, I have three more without ac, with the new compressors that only pull 2.5 hp, I'm going to have to cool this one.
gothspeed
Gonna watch this thread popcorn[1].gif
pilothyer
Shoe.......That was one sweet deal.....and looks like it will be the best one in your stable, along with your LE, and all the others you have..............Jerry
EdwardBlume
I have an extra set of jackstands!

Congrats! I'm glad it's in your hands!
hot_shoe914
Work starts Saturday morning at 8:00 a.m. sawzall-smiley.gif I will try to get pics of progress when I take breaks. Bought a spot weld remover kit today. Hope it makes the job a little easier. Pointers on how to proceed smash.gif are welcome and greatly appreciated. This is a new adventure for me.
IronHillRestorations
I have a NOS firewall (B), if you want to go that way
hot_shoe914
I appreciate the offer but I have a new one from RD laying in the back of my truck.

I might still be interested if you are in no hurry to sell as I'm pretty sure I will need it for my silver car that Scotty has. I'm just a little broke right now. Maybe you need something I have I can trade you for.
scotty b
What's a chapet ?? confused24.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 22 2012, 10:49 PM) *

confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
hot_shoe914
Picked up a spotweld sawzall-smiley.gif cutter kit today, let the fun begin!
hot_shoe914

Okay smartass, I finally found it and fixed it. You happy now? poke.gif slap.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 23 2012, 05:56 PM) *

Okay smartass, I finally found it and fixed it. You happy now? poke.gif slap.gif

I thought it was a southern thing? poke.gif biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
So, got started working on the "Ice Queen" today. Actually drove 3 hours to get to her, worked on her for 12 1/2 straight hours and then drove 3 hours home. Needless to say my fat ass is worn out but I know you bums demand pics so here are a few from todays work.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Yes, that is a shiny black 930 turbo on the lift in the background. Underneath the orange plastic in front of the car is a fresh 3.3 turbo awaiting to be installed.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

More to follow.
johannes
I like the shirt !!!

Great job by the way !!!

wink.gif
EdwardBlume
Wow! Its just that easy..... blink.gif
hot_shoe914
Sorry for the picture quality, cell phone pics.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Will be more work done next Saturday.
hbgsteve
I noticed your rims , were they an upgrade? stock, what is there desireabilty. Are they rare? I was looking at a car that was for sale and had them, the seller said they were highly desirable but I am not sure how much of that is subjective
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(johannes @ Mar 25 2012, 02:55 AM) *

I like the shirt !!!

Great job by the way !!!

wink.gif

You should send me a new one for advertising for you! poke.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(hbgsteve @ Mar 25 2012, 11:37 AM) *

I noticed your rims , were they an upgrade? stock, what is there desireabilty. Are they rare? I was looking at a car that was for sale and had them, the seller said they were highly desirable but I am not sure how much of that is subjective

They are the stock factory 2.0 L Fuchs. Probably the most popular wheel amongst the 4 cyl crowd so I would say they are very desireable but not really that rare.

Shoe
scotty b
sawzall-smiley.gif beerchug.gif first.gif
saigon71
Looks like a fine start Shoe! sawzall-smiley.gif
VaccaRabite
I noted that you said it had a motor that needed building. Why not just put in the motor from Christine that is new?

Zach
hot_shoe914
No Zach, the motor has already been refreshed and is waiting to go in. I may use the motor from Christine to go in the Bee for awhile and use it for AX this season.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Mar 26 2012, 06:49 AM) *

Looks like a fine start Shoe! sawzall-smiley.gif

Thanks Bob, wish you were down here to do a little of your awesome fabricating. Hopefully we will get most of that done Saturday and with luck will finish up the metal repair the following weekend. Would be awesome to have the repairs made before Hershey so I can get it out of his shop.
Valy
Are you making place for the rear seats? laugh.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Valy @ Mar 26 2012, 10:02 PM) *

Are you making place for the rear seats? laugh.gif

Trying to give myself more leg room. idea.gif
hot_shoe914
A little more progress from yesterday. Got a patch made and welded in. Still have to finish it and then start welding in the new panels. Pics in a few after I resize them.

EdwardBlume
welder.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.