Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oktoberfest Gathering-SEPA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ArtechnikA
Joy and i are having a low-key Oktoberfest party Saturday evening, Oktober 9 (2004).
if you're in the area, you are welcome! (please let us know you are coming and how many in your party so we can make sure we have enough goodies!)

traditional German stuff -- beer, brats, kraut, red cabbage, potato salad ...
might even fire up 'Le Mans' or "Moby and the Warhorse Gang (935 story)" on the bigscreen TV ...

Montgomery County, 30 minutes up the NE Extension from Philly.

detailed directions and contact information when you RSVP ...
ArtechnikA
icon_bump.gif
Gint
Not this year Rich. Hopefully next?!?!?!
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 29 2004, 04:19 PM)
Not this year Rich. Hopefully next?!?!?!

YOU have an excuse !

there's a bunch of 914Club posters within 45 minutes of Philadelphia and i can't even tempt them here with free food and beer ! i'm beginning to feel unloved :-( ...
ArtechnikA
icon_bump.gif

last call... no further reminders...

pls advise if you're coming by Wednesday or i can't guarantee there will be enough food or [gasp] beer...

those of you -not- in PA will get a kick out of this -- it is -not- possible to buy 3 six-packs in Pennsylvania. you can buy up to two at a "tavern." or you can go to a packaged-beverage distributor and buy in case lots. for wine or anything distilled, you go to a state-run store. i can understand the state wanting to tax the stuff, but for the life of me i cannot understand why the state wants to be in the liquor business...
cgnj
Hi Rich,

I'll come . Have the car running with only a few sneezes. Send me your beer order. Much easier and cheaper in NJ.

Carlos
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(cgnj @ Oct 5 2004, 11:59 AM)
I'll come . Have the car running with only a few sneezes. Send me your beer order. Much easier and cheaper in NJ.

"Doppel Spaten" Optimator if you can get it would be great !
i heven't found it over here yet, was planning to go In Search Of tomorrow...
( a case will not go to waste, let me know what you want for it... )

i can get Hofbräuhaus München locally.

( and if you can find EKU 28 ("Ultimator") i will be your friend forever ... )

looking forward to seeing you !
Kerrys914
Sounds GOOD smile.gif

What time are you looking to start passing the cold ones around smile.gif beerchug.gif

Cheers
Kerry
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Kerrys914 @ Oct 5 2004, 03:27 PM)
What time are you looking to start passing the cold ones around smile.gif

i think we originally said officially 6 p.m., but we'll probably be about as ready as we're gonna be by 5 or so... if you get here before we're really ready you'll get a head start on the beer, which could be good, but you'll probably get put to work, which could be bad :-) ...
Kerrys914
Thanks and see you there smile.gif

Maybe in the 914 driving.gif

Kerry
ArtechnikA
Followup:

Kerry, his lovely wife Jessica, and their son (ball of fire that one...) showed up, as did Eric Kellner, who's mostly visible on the 914 RennList. AFAIK, a great time and lots of good German food & beer were enjoyed by all. everybody else - you missed a fun time -- low-key, not very car-oriented (we have other events for that...) opportunity to just kick back and enjoy the weekend.

we were prepared for a larger turnout, but that mostly just means the task of dealing with the leftover beer falls to me...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.