Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Want to buy"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Bob L.
Hi there,

I have a '73 with a 1.7 converted to crappy carb. I want to restore the original D-jet and need all of it. If you have it and want to sell it please contact me.

I have tried to buy from 2 "venders" on this board and both became non-responsive once I said I wanted to buy. WTF.gif

Thanks,
Bob
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Mar 19 2012, 12:17 PM) *

Hi there,

I have a '73 with a 1.7 converted to crappy carb. I want to restore the original D-jet and need all of it. If you have it and want to sell it please contact me.

I have tried to buy from 2 "venders" on this board and both became non-responsive once I said I wanted to buy. WTF.gif

Thanks,
Bob

Hello Bob,

If you're not in a hurry, I have a full setup that I will likely be pulling from my running 1973 914 1.7 sometime in the next few months. Hopefully.

System works perfectly, car starts on first try every time, no missing, etc. Occasionally smells just a bit rich.

Reason for sale: Converting my car to a 914-6

Best,

pete
Bob L.
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Mar 19 2012, 03:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Bob L. @ Mar 19 2012, 12:17 PM) *

Hi there,

Thanks,
Bob

Hello Bob,

If you're not in a hurry, I have a full setup that I will likely be pulling from my running 1973 914 1.7 sometime in the next few months. Hopefully.

System works perfectly, car starts on first try every time, no missing, etc. Occasionally smells just a bit rich.

Reason for sale: Converting my car to a 914-6

Best,

pete

Thanks for the reply Pete,
I have heard back from one of the aforementioned venders and believe we are on track. I will keep you in mind if things fall through.
JawjaPorsche
Just curious. What does a complete 1.7 F.I system cost? Ball park figure.
falconfp2001
I've seen them listed for 500 but I haven't seen a complete setup listed for a while. Check the Samba. It varies on the condition of all the parts. AARs list for 150 and your lucky to find them less than 100. I found one for 60 once. If it's complete it should come with the MPS and those are $$$ right now.

Check this page for all the parts you'll need

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DJetParts.htm
Bob L.
It should be in the mail today. cheer.gif

All I will say is, it was less than that ($500) by a decent amount. BUT I didn't get the fuel pump which I will need and it's the old oil bath air cleaner. There are also new lines and hoses to get and while I'm at it I'll get the stainless lines for the tunnel. So, by the time I'm done it will end up around the $500 range.

Does anyone know if you can adapt a K&N cone filter to the air intake instead of the oil bath?
falconfp2001
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Mar 21 2012, 05:24 PM) *

It should be in the mail today. cheer.gif

All I will say is, it was less than that ($500) by a decent amount. BUT I didn't get the fuel pump which I will need and it's the old oil bath air cleaner. There are also new lines and hoses to get and while I'm at it I'll get the stainless lines for the tunnel. So, by the time I'm done it will end up around the $500 range.

Does anyone know if you can adapt a K&N cone filter to the air intake instead of the oil bath?

I actually have one I don't use that was done that way. I'll see if I can locate it and post a pic
JawjaPorsche
Speaking of fuel pumps. You don't have do use the three prong fuel pump which was used with the 1.7. The three prong pump are hard to find and they are very expensive if you find one. Use the two prong pump. They are a faction of the three prongs and they work great. Be sure to relocate your pump on the firewall to prevent vapor lock.
Bob L.
I got a box yesterday with my new (old) D-jet set. cheer.gif

I am hoping to go with the 2 port pump. Anyone have a spare for sale?

I'm also looking to swap out the old oil bath filter for a K&N/flowmaster style air cleaner. I have seen this on a 914 on u-tube so it can be done. I just don't know if there are any vacuum issues to deal with.
Has anybody here seen/done that?

I have the old intake off, and was expecting to see the engine code under it, on top of the case, But nope. Am I looking in the wrong place?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.