Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyother battery reccommendations other than an optima?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
I have had marginal luck with the quality of the red top Optima batteries. As well, I would like a more stock look (would not mind using my stock battery cover either).

Any other options for a good/stock looking battery?

Thanks!
Scott S
Drums66
......I've had good performance out of"INTERSTATE" idea.gif
bye1.gif
Tom_T
Try Interstate Batteries - standard sealed Lead-Acid liquid batteries. Porsche will also sell you a Bosch battery that is old school sealde lead acid.

I've had very good performance with them in my 85 BMW 325e & 88 Westy - usually outlasting the warranty period by a few years under DD use - & the Westy's last one went almost 10 years on a 5 year battery! blink.gif

Make sure to use a battery acid absorbing pad & the similar material wrap too if possible ..... just in case!
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(Scott S @ Mar 19 2012, 01:40 PM) *

Hi All -
I have had marginal luck with the quality of the red top Optima batteries. As well, I would like a more stock look (would not mind using my stock battery cover either).

Any other options for a good/stock looking battery?

Thanks!
Scott S

I put a sears Diehard platinum in my car. Sealed/leakproof Gel

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_0...sku=02850034000

•4-year FREE Replacement, 100 Month Pro-Rated Limited Warranty
•880 CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) - Reliable starting power in all weather conditions, due to the use of 99.99% pure virgin lead plates and tin-coated brass terminals
•135 Minutes of reserve capacity - Ideal for luxury vehicles with multiple electronic accessories
•Longer off-season storage time – Ideal for show cars & classic cars
•AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) construction - Provides mounting flexibility & guarantees longer service life
•Worry and maintenance-free operation - High purity grade acid held safely in place by glass mats makes a non-spillable design that gives mounting flexibility
•Military-grade construction & proven vibration resistance – Ideal for off road applications

keske968
Not trying to hi-jack but is 600CCA enough for our cars? If so SVR has a really nice small dry cell battery. When I used to run car audio I ran two of these in tandem for everything. http://www.ebatteriestogo.com/SVR_car_audio_batteries.htm

I am curious if one of these would work.
Woody
Optimas are still a good battery but they require maintenance. Optimas are an absorbent glass mat battery and are not compatible with most chargers. Every few years they require being desulfated by a charger with this capability. Yes they are not as good as they used to be but I have brought several back to life and have gotten several more years oot of them after a good desulfate and slow recharge.
VegasRacer
Exide Orbital makes be happy.

similar old thread
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.