Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tire Jack what to do
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LotusJoe
Has anyone been able to disassemble the screw jack? I've been able to get the hat off and the screw out but that is about as far as I can get. Is it worth the hassle to continue on or should I just replace the jack? confused24.gif

I have this jack.
Click to view attachment

I found a VW jack for $60.00 new. Looks like the only difference is the foot.
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Mar 19 2012, 03:50 PM) *
Is it worth the hassle to continue on or should I just replace the jack?

What's wrong with yours?
confused24.gif
LotusJoe
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 19 2012, 03:57 PM) *

What's wrong with yours?
confused24.gif

The one I have pictured is just an example; it's not mine. Mine is all rusty. Sorry for the confusion. I put mine in it's place.
SirAndy
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Mar 19 2012, 03:59 PM) *
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 19 2012, 03:57 PM) *

What's wrong with yours?
confused24.gif

The one I have pictured is just an example; it's not mine. Mine is all rusty.

Aha! biggrin.gif

I was looking at the picture and thought it was actually looking pretty good ...
rolleyes.gif
rfuerst911sc
In my opinion the original jacks are not that great when in good working order. My jack was in decent shape and worked the full range but I never want to be on the side of the road having to rely on it. I decided to buy a used OEM jack from a Porsche 944. Those jacks are aluminum so light in weight and more stable than the 914 jack. However the 944 jack does not go into the jack hole but rather has a flat platform on the top that you place under the lifting " donuts " under the chassis. Much safer I believe and when screwed all the way down is easy to store. I think I payed about $40.00 for it it's a great addition to the carry on tool arsenal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.