Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who have you raced against lately?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
carr914
Ran the 1st Annual Dan Wheldon - Hospital for Children yesterday. All the Pros were No-Shows except for Patrick Long. Patrick vowed to stay behind it and get drivers ( it was the Day after Sebring & 5 Days before the St Pete GP) for next year. We had 42 Drivers & Raised $6500 for the Charity smilie_pokal.gif

This is from our 1st Practice

Click to view attachment

My Team was Dead Last @ One Point, but on my 1st Stint I got us up to 4th, then on my last Stint it was a Duel between a PCA Racer (tiny guy maybe 110lbs), Patrick & myself. I believe Patrick held back at the Finish but we all finished within about 10 yards - I got 2nd bootyshake.gif

Click to view attachment
Woody
In my local AX venue, in my class, Strelneiks.
Randal

No racing since New Years Day, but next week is the Spring Enduro up at Medford. Sure would like to see another 914 there. Hey, just come and watch and I'll save a spot next to 222 so we can pit together!
bam914
This was not recently but there are a couple of big names on there. This was my first w2w race.

Click to view attachment
carr914
QUOTE(bam914 @ Mar 19 2012, 10:03 PM) *

This was not recently but there are a couple of big names on there. This was my first w2w race.

Click to view attachment

Great Group, I know (or knew) at least 10 Drivers on that list, grew up with one, raced against a few, drank a Beer with a couple others, etc

And what, were you 16 Years Old?
bam914
No I was 22.
grantsfo
QUOTE(Woody @ Mar 19 2012, 04:20 PM) *

In my local AX venue, in my class, Strelneiks.

Was he driving my old FP Boxster or the SSM RX7? Wonder what he will do with Andy Mckee leaving SSM for XP?
Woody
His wife was in the Boxster, he was in the Mazda. Im lucky if I can finish within 4 seconds of him.
grantsfo
I did race against Mckee, Stagnaro, Cox, and several others a couple weeks ago. Dang ricketty antique 914 beat me in my ultra modern and far superior Z car by 2/10ths to take class win. I must have had a real off day to let that happen! Especially since an old slow guy was driving the car.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Mar 21 2012, 03:11 PM) *

I did race against Mckee, Stagnaro, Cox, and several others a couple weeks ago. Dang ricketty antique 914 beat me in my ultra modern and far superior Z car by 2/10ths to take class win. I must have had a real off day to let that happen! Especially since an old slow guy was driving the car.

I know where you can get an old rickity 914... shades.gif
Randal

Another old slow 914 guy is wishing you'd show up in Medford to take on the fast hill climb boys.

Come on Grant. biggrin.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(Randal @ Mar 21 2012, 04:18 PM) *

Another old slow 914 guy is wishing you'd show up in Medford to take on the fast hill climb boys.

Come on Grant. biggrin.gif

I will be up for Hillclimbs in summer.. We have some awesome time attacks locally and AAS has faster drivers on similar venue in Buttonwillow on their kart track that are easier for us bay area to travel. My car is a bit big for small narrow track. It will be rip roaring fast on Hoopa. I have acceleration test on my local hill where I segment time and get speeds at set markers with my gps. I have run the Boxster in full race trim similar to when i had my record run on Hoopa. I got up to 80 mph in Boxster. New supercharged Z was doing 93! On same test section. Suspect it will be a sub 2:20 car on Hoopa. The Z is pretty darn quick for a street car. Think GT3 capability.

Have fun! If enduro was closer I'd go. I just can't afford to take time off to go to this event.
Randal

Well the weather isn't looking all that good. Don't mind the cold, but wet isn't all that appealing.

As far as Medford the track has lots of room. The Corrvette, Cobra and Subi sedan boys and girls seem to do very well there. How does your wheel base compare?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.