Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Laguna Seca was fun!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
My wife and I went out to Laguna this weekend for the GGR TT. Congrats to Chris and Chuck on their 1-2 finish in BP class! You guys are studs considering all the hassles you had to put up with in fixing your car while at the track!

I had minor mechanical issues (popped a stub axle seal on one of my runs but fixed it and only missed 1 practice session). But overall it was a great experience for our first time at Laguna. My wife took 2nd in GML and I got..........7th out of 8 drivers in GM. I was running 1:55's all day and couldn't put it together going from 7 through 8 and 8A. I just kept lifting and basically coasting through that whole section. Kinda made me mad, but I'm still learning and having a great time! Maybe next time.

At least I know the car was capable of running faster...I had one of the TT instructors take it out and he was doing 1:48's right off the bat....I guess I have a ways to go.... biggrin.gif

I found Laguna a lot tougher to find a rhythm then Thunderhill or Buttonwillow. It was still fun, but I never felt clean on any of my runs....

I recommend the experience to anyone that can drive it!

Bill P.
Brad Roberts
Yep.. you have to "peen" the tranny output flange seals... they like to fall out.

B
nine14cats
do I just use a punch on my workbench and just flair them slightly?

Bill P.
Brad Roberts
I do it one of two different ways. Look at the tranny a decide what makes you feel the most comfortable.

I will "peen" the surface area where the seals sit on the tranny case (kinda hard to do with the diff in it) or I peen the outside edges of the tranny case over the seals. It really depends on if I'm at the track or on the workbench.

I'm not sure if the flairing method would work or not. I have not tried it.

We need for the tranny king to answer this one (Hayden from WEVO)

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.