Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gotta fund the race car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brett W
Admins, if this don't go here please move to proper place

Alright I am stripping my 73 to build a production race car. I have the following stuff that needs to go but I am not sure how much of it is worth hasseling with.

Fully rebuilt rear trailing arms, new bearings, drilled and studded 4 lug hubs, semi flat repaint, Weltmeister race Poly bushings grooved with grease fittings, hand fitted to lathe polished pivot shafts.

Set of front Weltmeister poly bushings, hand grooved with grease fittings

Welmeister 23mm front sway bar

MSD 6 A box

Stock sound deadening pad for rear firewall

Stock passenger side foam? foot rest

stock back pad in great condition

stock basket weave door panels in decent condition

Front and rear chrome bumpers with crappy rubber

Stock gauges

AC console with 3 gauges

Stock pedal cluster, rebuilt with bronze bushings,

Plastic gas pedal from late model 911

2 RCI race buckets

Stable Energies Harness Bar

A nice peice of carpet from the rear trunk, fitted with trim around the edges. I liked the way it fit the rear trunk.

Stock gas tank, with all the stuff

Headlight motors and decent assmeblies

Custom modified 2.0 heat exchanger pipes, cross over pipe insert and header wrap

Fiberglass GT flares painted and drilled for bolt on application

Fiberglass front spoiler

Two 15x8 Diamond racing steel wheels, Black, drilled for 4x130 on a 5 inch back space

Some BMW 320 calipers, might have a two sets (not sure)

Four quarter inch wheel spacers

I haven't gotten a digital camera yet so I don't have pictures of any of this stuff. I just want to know if there is a mrket for most of this stuff before I go pricing it out and dealing with all the "I want it but..... (never hear from them again)"
Andyrew
I'll tell you what I'd sell them for....

This should initiate a quick sell for most items.

Rebuilt trailing arms... Iffy on price.. I'd say go for 200 bucks, Then 150, then 100... Its all about finding a buyer (look at the v8 crowd.. lol)

Welt bushings.. Half of buy price.

MSD 6 box... No clue on price.. Half of buy price? (what is it?)

Stock sound deadning.. Give away.

Pass foot rest foam 10 bucks or give away

Nice back pad.. 150-100

Front and rear bumpers.. 150-100 each

Stock guage cluster, 25

A/C center console.. 50-100

Rebuilt pedal cluster 30 bucks (I dono...)

Gas pedal.. 15 bucks? Im not a 911 guy...

Race buckets... 25 bucks.. Hey I'd be interested in that! laugh.gif By buckets what do you mean... Like those "vw" buckets? Orrrr.... Explain your seats... Im a little interested. I cant tell you a price till I know what they are... lol

Harness bar.. 40 to half buy price.

Carpet, 10 or give away

Stock gas tank. 25-50... Cant sell em for much.

Headlight motors. 15 each

Custom exhaust... 100? You tell me...

Fiberglass flares.. Buying them new is cheap (less than 400)... So second hand should be even cheaper.. 150? Less? If you where closer, I'd throw you 50 bucks at your door... lol

F/g spoiler.. Which one? 75?

No clue on the wheels... 100 each?

BMW calipers.. 50 each or so if machined

wheel spacers 25 bucks or so

There.... Happy? laugh.gif 15 mins of my life I'll never get back... GAhhh
Brett W
Thanks Andrew

I am those prices are inline with what I figured. The seats look like these:

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?...5230+4294922722

the spoiler and wheels looks like:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...16967&hl=flares
maf914
Brett,

When you decide how you want to price you're stuff, let us know where you list it. I may want to talk to you about a few items (since we are semi-local biggrin.gif ).
Thorshammer
Production car you say!?

E or F?

Torsion or spring?
stock pickup points or moved?
open or closed?
Regional or National?
Hewland or Porsche trans?
Oil cooler mounted where?
Dipped, blasted or not?

These are the questions I faced up front. If you have built racecars before than you know. If not make sure your game plan fits not only your budget by where you want to be with the car when you are finished.

Heres some of the things that troubled me:
If in FP you can run coil springs but must use the smaller 8.0 inch front tires and depending on the manufacturer they don't always come in the same compounds as the rears.

When building a transmission, the gear sets are somewhat costly, and when done, the transmission does not shift that well even with all the tricks. If you have thoughts of going national racing at a later date, ante up for a good hewland trans, it can be made to work fairly easily with linkage and such.

If you are like me,don't and I repeat don't buy someone elses project car. Especially if it has any rust whatsoever! You probably already know most of what I am telling you judging from your previous posts.

Foley does the best job moving rear suspension pick up points I have seen and the price is reasonable. If you are serious this change is a MUST with a capital M.

I have some coolers and line you may be able to use if building a FP car.

Erik
Andyrew
Seats 50 for both (or there abouts)

Wheels 200-300..

Thats all my oppinions.. Although selling parts isnt an exact science.. lol

andrew
Brett W
Andrew thanks for your input, it is very helpful.

MAF914

I'll keep you posted. I am going to start pricing shortly. I will probably be down in your area towards the end of Oct.

Eric.

No interested in FP, I am going for EP. (Yeah I know, "can't be done")

Open car. This car will be built with the utmost care and attention to detail. The chassis will be fully blasted, any rusty parts replaced, any questionable parts replaced. All suspension points will be relocated (Based on what my suspension analysis finds). Coil springs. This program is a National Championship program, but it will take awille to get there. I am planning on using the Hewland gear box. Oil cooler location will depend on a few things.

Thanks for the offer, I have a RX7 cooler that will be modified for single pass (probably).

I have no desire to buy someone elses car as it will not be built to the level of prep that I am happy with. Most cars have been built with band aids and patches or just plain piss poor engineering.

I am trying to find a place that will let me use their frame bench to meaure my torsional stiffness and I would like to find a local place that will has a CMM mounted on an arm, but I doubt that will be feasable. Early estimates put this project in the low 30k range for parts alone. I will do all labor and engineering. I have put this project on the front burner for the foreseeable future. My only hold up will be money.
Rhodes71/914
I'd be interested in the pedal cluster

You can send me a pm or email.
Aaron Cox
i may want the harness bar..the speedo (150 silver center??) , msd 6 box
1bad914
Intersted in the bolt on flares! Maybe more!

Randy
Juniors_914
Hello ,
I might be interested in the fuel tank....PM me with a price
-Junior
GWN7
I thought you wanted some funding ideas..... I think Miles gets $15 a pint for blood laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.