Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT:Taking DIY too far, making your own casket :)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
the way I figured it, with the time it takes me to finish my projects, i'll be 100+ before I finish the darn thing smash.gif

hmmmm, now a carbon fiber casket would be cool, i guess I'd have to check with the place our plots are at to make sure they'd take it......
rick 918-S
Now there's a use I can agree with! As long as they throw rice at my funeral happy11.gif
airsix
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 22 2004, 08:52 PM)
hmmmm, now a carbon fiber casket would be cool, i guess I'd have to check with the place our plots are at to make sure they'd take it......

Mike, we're still young. By the time we're dead carbon will be old-school. The kids at the funeral will laugh because to them it'll look like wood panelling looks to us. Go with transparent aluminum. Then you can grim ...er I mean grin at the crowd.

-Ben M.

ps - transparent aluminum is actually a reality now - just very very expensive and hard to make. Check this out.
MattR
I want my casket to have flames (burning in hell reference).
swood
I'm going for the pine box or the neptune society. Just knock me over the brink cap'n! icon_bump.gif
BatAc
Cremation, if they have to put me into a container to do that, simple wood would be fine. No need for an urn either, the ashes are to be tossed. I've cheated death once so far so let's keep it simple and move on.
redshift
LMAO Rich

Pine boxes I looked at cost around 6 grand, the mahogany was $10k+, and the rosewood was veneer on oak, for around $17k.

M
bob91403
I'm old enough to see a casket. You'll all be soylent green. I wouldn't shit you, someone else will.
redshift
Hell with that, I own three plots, I have bodies for 2.

M
bob91403
QUOTE(redshift @ Sep 23 2004, 01:42 AM)

M

541,606 posts? Do you own a car? Must have low mileage with all the time you spend on line. You sure you're not in the plot, you need a life. You must be an insomniac like me.
SpecialK
QUOTE(bob91403 @ Sep 23 2004, 01:51 AM)
Do you own a car?

Oh shit! don't get him going on that!......Hmmm, now where did they put the "Otto" thead. biggrin.gif
bob91403
Funny you should mention Otto. He straightened out my car after I bought it. It sat in some guy's garage for thirteen years.
SLITS
I already own one - I'm gonna be buried in my 14 (actually, already am). That way, we can disintegrate together biggrin.gif

Otto, who's Otto?
maf914
QUOTE(redshift @ Sep 23 2004, 01:42 AM)

One in each trunk? ohmy.gif

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.