Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good deal on evil bay for Chrome lugs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
p914
$69 inlcudes shipping for a set of new Chrome lugs for my Fuchs. i remember not long ago they were around $100.
MattR
I went to the pomona swap meet and got a full set of chrome lugs (for 5 lug) with wheel locks for like 36 bucks. It was a great deal. In retrospect I probably should have bought 5 or 6 sets and sold them on ebay for a slight markup. Oh well.
Mueller
sounds like those are aftermarket Mecedes lug bolts if they have the 17mm head (no big deal)....just make sure they have the "ball" seating and not "conical" seating, otherwise a loose wheel will be in your near future...

i could have sworn someone mentioned that the "ball" is the wrong radius on some of the lug bolts being sold, make sure you test them to ensure you get the same contact with the mating surface on the wheel...paint or grease would work for this (make sure you wipe it off afterwards)
SLITS
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 23 2004, 12:34 AM)
sounds like those are aftermarket Mecedes lug bolts if they have the 17mm head (no big deal)....just make sure they have the "ball" seating and not "conical" seating, otherwise a loose wheel will be in your near future...

i could have sworn someone mentioned that the "ball" is the wrong radius on some of the lug bolts being sold, make sure you test them to ensure you get the same contact with the mating surface on the wheel...paint or grease would work for this (make sure you wipe it off afterwards)

Dychem - won't wipe off tho!
p914
Here's the description from the auction. They ship tomorrow so I should have them early next week.

"This auction is for a set of 16 of the longer lug bolts for
the alloy wheels. These are NEW CHROME ball seat lug
bolts and will properly mount the Fuch, Pedrini and Mahle
wheels on your 914. The shank length is 38mm or 1.55".
A set of 20 of these is also available. Check yours, if
they look scuffed, scratched or scraped, now is the
time to replace them at a Great Price! "
Mueller
they are still aftermarket Mecedes lug bolts if 17mm head smile.gif

no big deal as long as they work...I'd lightly sand or scratch up the mating surface of the "ball" before installing........
p914
They are 14mm X 1.5 x 38mm.
Looks good.
3d914
p914,

Keep us posted of the results. I've been watching these as well, just haven't had the time to follow thru.

Thanks,
p914
Will do
p914
Welp, Those lug bolts won't work. sad.gif They won't seat properly to the holes. Ahh Vell. Guess I'll have to return em. I was hoping they would work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.