Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.6 twin turbo 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bob91403
Kind of quiet out there. Just wanted to know if anyone has put this together? What transmission? Would a boxter's tiptronic work?
redshift
No.

There are 3.0 and 3.2 turbos, but using G50, or built 915 boxes.

The tippy from a boxter weighs too much, is tall, and you have to flip it... I am not sure about internals.

M
bob91403
I've seen a 3.6. Not enough room for the 3.6 turbo? What difference would flipping the tippy make?
bob91403
Wait a second! Why would you have to flip it? It comes out of a mid-engine car!
iamchappy
I dont think it's been done yet. 3.2, 3.0 yes! 3.6?ohmy.gif
Clewett: http://www.clewett.com/
and Martin Schneider : http://www.msdsinc.com/about.htm

Me iamchappy 3.0. One thing for sure it would be very scary.. w00t.gif
redshift
Oh, sorry, I meant 'flip it off'..

:finger2:

911 wave: driving.gif

M
JmuRiz
I would think a modded 3.6 would be enough HP for anyone...having said that I think the packaging of a 3.6 TT would be tough. However you could get one of the TPC superchargers or something, easier to package, hmmmm blink.gif
bob91403
I saw a 3.6 TT for sale on ebay the other day, 9K with a thousand miles on it, looked like it woud fit. If you did some cutting on the trunk would a boxter's tiptronic fit?
3d914
Chappy,

3.6 has been done. A local guy bought a teener from CA with a 3.6 in it. It kicks A$$. Not turboed, but very cool!
Mueller
I saw a 3.6 TT for sale on ebay the other day, 9K with a thousand miles on it, looked like it woud fit. If you did some cutting on the trunk would a boxter's tiptronic fit?

not too sure you have to cut anything from the trunk...the hard part is that the Boxster transmission does not bolt up to any of the air-cooled engines...you'd have to cut the Boxster transmission bellhousing and fabricate a new one so that'll bolt up the engine....it can and has been done.....as with pretty much everything, bring enough money to the table and you can order and have anything you want smile.gif
bob91403
You mean the boxter engine isn't air-cooled? Didn't know that. Does Porsche make a tiptronic for an air cooled engine?
Joe Bob
All it takes is money.... wacko.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE(bob91403 @ Sep 23 2004, 09:37 PM)
Does Porsche make a tiptronic for an air cooled engine?

Tiptronic was available on the 964, 993 and 968

(edit: oops... the 968 isn't aircooled either biggrin.gif)
Joshporsche
A 3.6 twin turbo is my dream.
now to just make it happen.......
Sell house......
Sell other cars......
Still $10,000 short
iamchappy
I am serious, 3.6 tt very scary.w00t.gif
My 3.0 turbo is scary. w00t.gif wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.