Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to clean this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
Ran over some paint today and it's in the wheel wells...didn't realize it until I got back home, What's the best way to remove it?

Someone has suggested using gas... any other ideas?

IPB Image

6freak
did ya try soap and water with a brush...might be water base paint .... I don`t think i would use gas ...bummer of a mesh for sure
smile.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 20 2012, 08:37 PM) *

did ya try soap and water with a brush...might be water base paint .... I don`t think i would use gas ...bummer of a mesh for sure
smile.gif

Did a pressure wash at the car wash...was slow going. Wondering if there is a chemical that can soften this stuff up?
Porsche930dude
ill never forget a kid back in high school had a nice black vette and ran over some yellow paint. All over the side ! Well a few years ago a guy i worked with did that too and he had a meguires or mothers product that was designed specificly for that type of thing he bought it at a regular auto parts store like auto zone. I dont know how well it would work on the underside but id just spray some undercoating over it if its just in the wheel wells
billh1963
QUOTE(Porsche930dude @ Mar 20 2012, 08:45 PM) *

ill never forget a kid back in high school had a nice black vette and ran over some yellow paint. All over the side ! Well a few years ago a guy i worked with did that too and he had a meguires or mothers product that was designed specificly for that type of thing he bought it at a regular auto parts store like auto zone. I dont know how well it would work on the underside but id just spray some undercoating over it if its just in the wheel wells

This is on my 997 so spraying on undercoat isn't an option.

I'll check on the meguires....thanks!
bigkensteele
You might want to call the county, raise a little hell, and demand to find out what they will provide (or suggest) to remove it. Can't hurt anything, might yield an answer, and will probably make you feel a little better.

I had this happen on our old Mazda minivan. I took it to a detail shop long after it happened, and they were able to get it off the paint somehow, and I think they sprayed something on the plastic fender liners to hide the rest.
TravisNeff
is that smooth finished paint on your wheelwells? or is it pebbly undercoat? if smooth you might want to try a clay bar
shuie
Wd40
ellisor3
QUOTE(shuie @ Mar 20 2012, 11:05 PM) *

Wd40

Yep. Start with WD40 then Denatured Alcohol (Home Depot) or mineral spirits.
dangrouche
i'd put "goo-gone, citrus cleaner, mineral spirts, WD-40any and all of the above in a spray mist bottle and go at ASAP before it sets up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.