Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: any 914-4 So-Cal Vintage racers ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Mercurysilver
Just started to build a Vintage racer. Looking for input from current 914-4 vintage racers in the So-Cal.
Please let me know what you race, any info on VARA, HSR West ..all comments and info is welcome!
Here is the barn find;

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
infraredcalvin
Very slowly building a hsr west car. Check out both clubs and meet drivers and guys running. You may fit better in one club vs other, some politics in each. There are a few 914 4s one is light blue with an older German gentleman that is VERY quick. I think he owns a shop in Carlsbad or closeby, but his Carr is simple and clean.

Lots of good comp at all levels in the 2 liter class.
john rogers
There are several shops in Southern CA that build and/or maintain vintage 914-4 race cars. In the LA area there is NARW and in San Diego there is Wayne Baker at Personalized Autohaus. Since I sold my 914-6 a couple yaears ago due to poor health reasons, I have only talked to Wayne and he is still racing. Here are a couple of picts of their cars.
givory
Here's a link to a forum classifieds with pics for a 914/4 that I raced with for years:

http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.ph...ghlight=porsche

Gavin
Nicke Nilsson
QUOTE(givory @ Mar 27 2012, 09:05 AM) *

Here's a link to a forum classifieds with pics for a 914/4 that I raced with for years:

http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.ph...ghlight=porsche

Gavin

What is the yellow T-handle behind the shifter...????..
givory
The T handle is a custom 1st gear and reverse lock-out, installed on this car before the Rennshifter [which has a similar feature built in]. Not sure which works better! I find the 914 with 901 is prone to missed shifts compared to other set-ups, so anything done to avoid this is worthwhile.
Gavin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.