Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LE "Grasshopper" color???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
IPB Image
Bleyseng
Willow Green?
Lawrence
The only three greens available as stock colors in 1974 were Zambezi (maybe), Ravenna (probably not), and Delphi Green Metallic (not).

So... maybe that's it, unless it was a non-standard color.

-Rusty
Brad Roberts
Not that I have first hand knowledge... but that appears to be it Mikey.

I like it. Do it.

B
Bleyseng
Oh hell, I thought it was a guessing game. I remember it as that color Mike and it would make sense. It wasn't a dark green at all and with the white car that green would look ok on the rockers and valences. I real life I have only seen one and it was "tired" and "beat" when I saw. I was like "WTF is that?" when I saw it. I had seen Bumblebees before but not the green le. I have never seen a Creamsicle in person.
Do it! I would be way retro! and it wouldn't hurt the white body at all.
Geoff
Lawrence
I've never seen a Grasshopper, or a confirmed picture of one. I saw a Creamsicle once... north of Des Moines, Iowa. It was a real rustbucket, probably the rustiest 914 I've ever seen on the road.

I saw it parked by a bicycle trail, and it had some kind of mount on the rear trunk for a bike. The car was sagging and had thick shag carpet and seat covers, and holes in the floorboards and trunks.

I waited.. but the driver must have been on a long trek.

-Rusty
Curvie Roadlover
I once saw a grasshopper LE driving down the street in the lost city of Atlantis. It was being driven by D.B. Cooper. I snapped a picture, but then realised I had left the lens cover on. wink.gif
Bleyseng
Was he leaving a trail of soggy $100 bills behind him? That's my boy!
Geoff
JeffBowlsby
Thats the right color Muellerman. DO IT!

The best info I have on the Grasshopper green color is that it is the same color used on the 73 911 RS White/green cars, as on your photo.

The correct green is not Ravenna, Delphi or Zambezi, even though those were stock 914 colors from 1974.

Oh man, I just realized you blew the wad last month on the minute-rice rims...definitely not an LE imposter...maybe get some real Mahles, please, please please...at least for the photo shoot?
Dave_Darling
Rust-boy, you've seen a Creamsicle car another time as well. There was a really pretty one (repaint, I think with the wrong orange, sigh!) at the DFW MUSR car show. I seem to recall you being there for that one.... rolleyes.gif A'course, you might have been just a lil' bit distracted at that time... wink.gif

--DD
Aaron Cox
do it!!!!! what a sweet color combo! are ya gonna paint your ricer rims? biggrin.gif with glow in the dark paint...? laugh.gif with all the "asianizing" out there you might get "S.A.R.S."

Sorry Ass Ricer Style
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.