Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know of a race shop in the bay area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
don't want to wait 2 days for summit racing. i'm like a 3 year old; i need instant gratification.

is there a performance shop around the bay area who would carry a selection of universal filters?

tried all the flaps, nothing that'll work for me....

thx

nathan
ppickerell
Vic Hubbards?
neo914-6
Call Speed Merchant, San Jose
Brad Roberts
Dont do it. Your asking for oil leaks. Your stock filter housing with a K+N works just fine.

B
Trekkor
Nathan, I have a very fresh/used K&N filter from my 2.0.

You can have it for half price.

KT
nebreitling
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 23 2004, 04:11 PM)
Dont do it. Your asking for oil leaks. Your stock filter housing with a K+N works just fine.

really? your opinion definitely makes me think twice

why oil leaks?

i'm just trying to get colder air into the intake -- not necessarily more air. i've got abs piping and bends, brass barbs set into the abs with some silicone seleant and a heavy rubber coupling that clamps down around the intake. i was going to wrap the abs piping in some ricey-heat reflective stuff..
Brad Roberts
If you dont pull a vaccuum on the crank case .. it will leak. The breather lines are 100% needed. Dyno pull after dyno pull have yielded NOTHING but more noise when using the "cone" filter. Dont get sucked in by the hype.

B
nebreitling
ahhh, but i've included a large barb to hook up the oil/pcv line (just for that purpose).

can i try and snatch the pebble from your hand yet?

seriously, if i keep that line in the loop, am i kosher?
Trekkor
Where would the leak appear?

As you know, I'm all hyped out. unsure.gif

It wouldn't happen to dump oil all over my clutch somehow, would it? headbang.gif

Reason I ask, clutch is slipping again.

Nathan, hold on filter...

KT
nebreitling
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 23 2004, 04:34 PM)
Dont get sucked in by the hype.

lmao

that was almost lost on me
Trekkor
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Sep 23 2004, 05:48 PM)
can i try and snatch the pebble from your hand yet?

lol2.gif

First you have to walk without leaving the footprint... lol2.gif

KT
Cap'n Krusty
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, another sucker following the advertizing hype that heralds products like fuel line magnets, Fram oil filters, and K&N air filters. Bigger holes allow more and larger dust particles by, and FAR less actual filter area than a factory type filter. Actually, the oil bath is even better than the paper, which is in turn better than the K&N. Do yourself a favor, stick with stock. In the long run, your engine will have a much better shot at a long life. The Cap'n
nebreitling
ouch! wink.gif

i don't disagree that those and other products are totally hyped -- but i'm just out to get colder air down the intake. i'm not one to question your experience, but i don't see what's hyped about cooler air.

of course, when i'm done, i'm gonna hook up 10 of those "tornados" in series. that ought to add about 50 hp, and let me get nearly 65miles per gallon.
maf914
Hey, Has anyone tried the new Fram Air-Hog air filters they advertise on TV? Supposed to be worth more horsepower and better gas mileage! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

By the way, Fram has improved their oil filters. They added a black rubberized coating to the end of the can to give a better grip while installing. ohmy.gif
JmuRiz
i'm just out to get colder air down the intake

The only way to get colder air in the intake is to run a different style tube to get air from a location different from stock...like a snorkel to the outside or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.