Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Don't Know What to Think of This
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
Check this out:
http://www.nameyourporsche.com/

It gives me a cold prickly feeling. poke.gif

Can they use the fonts? The website even has the Porsche font...is that allowed. Just curious.

mepstein
Looks tacky
SirAndy
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Mar 21 2012, 11:25 AM) *
It gives me a cold prickly feeling. poke.gif

You are only, what, 6 years late. biggrin.gif

This was "big" news in 2006 and most everyone didn't like it back then (or so they said).
popcorn[1].gif
7TPorsh
Musta been just before I joined this rag tag bunch of CSOBs biggrin.gif
Tom_T
My guess is that their font is at least 25% different than the "official Porsche font" - which itself was a similar modification of another common font, so maybe they're using that original one. That's the usual difference or change to avoid Copyright & Trademark/Servicemark infringement.

Even the vaunted block letter "PORSCHE" font is a modification of an old font called Microgramma IIRC (Porsche made the verticals fatter & horizontals thinner).

Otherwise, Porsche has a bunch of high paid lawyers who will take care of it! shades.gif

This name your Porsche thing looks like something my wife would like - if she had her own Porsche! dry.gif

And Andy ..... not everyone was around on here 6 years ago. shades.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 21 2012, 12:22 PM) *
And Andy ..... not everyone was around on here 6 years ago. shades.gif

The same topic was all over the web 6 years ago. There's more to the interwebs than 914world. You should try it out some day ...
poke.gif

Pelican, Rennlist, Autoweek ran an article, several German Car forums had threads about it ...
popcorn[1].gif
zymurgist
LOL @ pricing. But the shipping is quite reasonable... beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

PS: I am not making this up.
pt_700
perhaps "douchebag" should be the default?
Cairo94507
That is so cheap looking it made me throw up in my mouth a little barf.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(pt_700 @ Mar 21 2012, 02:28 PM) *
"douchebag"

Gesundheit! biggrin.gif
underthetire
Idk,

I think...

"Jack stands" might work lol-2.gif
Black914_4
HFS!
Did you see the price? 5 letters for $600 plus $80 per letter after that!
RickS
As my mother always said, No matter how much money you have, it still can't buy good taste. I say it looks like the ultimate in narcissism. Rates right up there with MYPRSCH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.