Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foam wedge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
timothy_nd28
A couple of questions:

The foam wedge has a good size hole cut out

Click to view attachment

Is there any purpose for this? I'm debating an idea for installing a spare glove box door on this?

Also, can anyone confirm that I installed this engine seal correctly?

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
I've seen some vendors sell the foam floor piece with a bass speaker as an aftermarket item.
AZ914
That is the 75-76 cutout for the EGR/CAT control box that the 'emissions cars' had. I didn't even know it was there until I pulled my carpet.
bulitt
If I had to guess, the later cars had an EPA reset button that was spliced into the speedo cable. When you reached a certain mile you had to open the little box and reset the thingy. I think it may have fit in your foam???
jcd914
The foam piece pictured is for a 75/76 and the cut out is for the mileage counter for the EGR light. Or is a cat converter light?
The speedo cable would run from the trans to the counter and then another speedo cable from the counter to the speedo.

Engine seals need to be tucked down between the engine sheetmetal and side of the engine compartment, they should not be on top of the engine sheetmetal.

Jim
timothy_nd28
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Mar 21 2012, 05:38 PM) *

The foam piece pictured is for a 75/76 and the cut out is for the mileage counter for the EGR light. Or is a cat converter light?
The speedo cable would run from the trans to the counter and then another speedo cable from the counter to the speedo.

Engine seals need to be tucked down between the engine sheetmetal and side of the engine compartment, they should not be on top of the engine sheetmetal.

Jim

Thanks Jim
dlee6204
Your front seal doesn't look like its the correct one.
type47fan
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Mar 21 2012, 07:15 PM) *

agree.gif Doesn't the seal with the 2 flaps go in the rear channel, sandwiching the tin and the trough shaped seals are in the front and on the sides with the tin resting in the troughs?
dlee6204
QUOTE(type47fan @ Mar 21 2012, 10:33 PM) *

QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Mar 21 2012, 07:15 PM) *

agree.gif Doesn't the seal with the 2 flaps go in the rear channel, sandwiching the tin and the trough shaped seals are in the front and on the sides with the tin resting in the troughs?

agree.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(tim_nd @ Mar 21 2012, 06:22 PM) *

A couple of questions:

The foam wedge has a good size hole cut out

Click to view attachment

Is there any purpose for this? I'm debating an idea for installing a spare glove box door on this?

Also, can anyone confirm that I installed this engine seal correctly?

Click to view attachment

The seal is the rear seal above the engine/ transmission. The front seal is the same profile as the sides. If you need just a front let me know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.