Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pick-n-pull watch. 1971 in san jose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bfrymire
there is a 914 in the yard.

http://www.picknpull.com/check_inventory.a...amp;Distance=50

jim_hoyland
If anyone makes the trip, copy the VIN and add to the VIN database. When I see these, I'll shoot a pict of the VIN plate, the plate in the drivers door frame, and the entire car.
The VIN database has a provision to add a picture.....
Haudiosolutions
QUOTE(bfrymire @ Mar 22 2012, 01:28 AM) *

Have glove box?
abnrdo
Bumpers?

Wish I lived closer.
popcorn[1].gif
Jeffs9146
Lennies914 found that the other day and went by in the morning to look at it. When he came back later that day to get some parts someone had tore the car apart and distroyed lots of parts!

I need the front drivers side A-arm with the sway bar tab but it would cost me more to drive down and get it than it is worth! blink.gif
pt_700
i'm in south san jose and will make time this weekend to have a look. i'll check this thread before departing.

i'll be looking for a muffler to replace the metal swiss cheese on the back of my teener as well as a driver's seat and window winder handle thingy...
Michael N
Vin # 4712905970 , built 11/70 , color code L50 E. I have pics but can not up load until tonight. Engine and tail shifter still there as of this morning. Rear bumper bent. It did have Koni special D red shocks on the rear. Interior gone or shot. Muffler was Ansa style and broken.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Michael N @ Mar 22 2012, 03:43 PM) *

Vin # 4712905970 , built 11/70 , color code L50 E. I have pics but can not up load until tonight. Engine and tail shifter still there as of this morning. Rear bumper bent. It did have Koni special D red shocks on the rear. Interior gone or shot. Muffler was Ansa style and broken.

thumb3d.gif
Lennies914
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Mar 22 2012, 09:13 AM) *

Lennies914 found that the other day and went by in the morning to look at it. When he came back later that day to get some parts someone had tore the car apart and distroyed lots of parts!

I need the front drivers side A-arm with the sway bar tab but it would cost me more to drive down and get it than it is worth! blink.gif

At 9 am on the 20th (the day after the car hit the lot) I stopped in to see the car. It was a complete car, less the front bumper and the carbs. I returned after work, at about 3pm, and the car was pretty well stripped of anything that had value. The car was straight with good hell holes but no battery tray. I didn't bother inspecting it too closely. It did still have all the running gear. All the glass was in good shape as well. I managed to get some stuff but missed allot by having to go to work headbang.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Michael N @ Mar 22 2012, 02:43 PM) *

If anyone gets a chance you should pull the rear huds if possible. They should the embossed type that is used with the /6 cars also.
pt_700
it was a somewhat successful, if somewhat expensive excursion...

got the rear springs / shocks (koni reds), driver's seat (will need recovering) and passenger's seat bottom (the early's are wider at the rear - also will need recovering), forward targa clips, ebrake rubber boot and passenger's side lower body part thingy (damn! can't think of the name right now...) for $120. almost missed the interior parts as they were stuffed into a neighboring volvo wagon...

ran into sandman408 who was there for some heater parts. he pointed out the genius who grabbed the dizzy left behind the crane ignition box. would've been nice to stay around to chat a bit but, it was beginning to rain. i'm working on getting sandman408 to join our in person shenanigans. he has a flared burgundy 2.0 he's collecting pieces to finish off. it's gonna be real purdy when he's done!

also met a nice gentleman named glen in the parking lot. he was there in his nice adriatic blue early car with steelies collecting parts for something else and seemed surprised there was a teener on the lot. hadn't yet heard of this site so hopefully, i've snagged another participant!

car's pretty well picked over by now. rear hubs are still there. i'm not sure if i can id them as the desirable ones garold mentions. kind of sad, i'm sure those in rustier climes would have saved her.

Lennies914
The dizzy was there when I was there, but I didn't bother with it. It was a 009 and I wasn't sure if the crane ignition setup would interchange.
Michael N
Photos as promised...I have seen much worse cars brought back. East Coast guys could have saved a lot of rust repairs here.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

jim_hoyland
Thanks for the VIN info and pictures. I added it to the VIN database, linked it to your picture and add a hotlink to the thread.

914World Member VIN Numbers (6721 unique VINs in Database).
GaroldShaffer
If I was closer I would go back and pull the steering cloumn (used on early cars only) the glove box (again early 914 & 914/6 item) and if those rocker panels are any good grab them also since you can't get them anymore unless you buy repo's from Restoration Design. Also those silver button guages, front brake calipers (different than later models) and rear targa pad if good. Oh and someone go pull those rear hubs please dang it! biggrin.gif
Valy
Pulled the engine today. Nice 2.0 GA case. The cylinders look a bit bigger than my other engine but I'll have to wait until I take off the heads to be sure.

I left the tailshift there in case someone needs it.
and the car is a wreck. I turn it over to pickup the engine.
Hammy
QUOTE(Michael N @ Mar 25 2012, 01:18 PM) *

Photos as promised...I have seen much worse cars brought back. East Coast guys could have saved a lot of rust repairs here.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is why I've grown to dislike Pick n Pull. They are not an auto wrecking/salvaging yard as they claim. They're in it for the steel recycling. So they make as much as they can off parts for the 30 days or so that they keep the cars there, then crush 'em. I see too many nice/straight/low rust classic cars out there it's sorta sickening. East coast guys would cry. Oh well. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.