Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torsion bars, sway bars and spring rates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Ok, heres my question. I have a 22mm front sway bar, 22mm torsions and 180 rear springs. I want to get a coil over set up for the rear. Should i go for rear springs that match the front torsion bar rate (close to 200#'s), or something like 225# rear springs and use the sway bar to make up for the less stiff 22mm bars? make sense?
Brad Roberts
175# Eibach or H+R. The 200's are a tad too stiff for what you are doing right now. We use the 175's at certain road courses and the 200's at others. The springs are typically 100$.

Jason @Paragon products.

Brad/914club sent you.

B
TimT
Hey someone else is asking spring rate questions besides me!!!

smash.gif
Bleyseng
Dude, you have a good set up now, Get some tires!

Geoff
Brad Roberts
And... lets make this clear that I KNOW he has a 4cyl car.

Sometimes (most of the time) I already know what kind of car the group member has when I answer. I'm getting "I'm confused" emails from people when I post a answer to some of the questions.

B
Bleyseng
and seen it plus diagnosed a exhaust leak in about 2 milliseconds.
Brad Roberts
Yeah.. I think Monique could have figured out the exhaust leak in about 50 seconds.

I hope he fixed it..

B
ChrisReale
Fella's, I knew I had an exhaust leak. Yes I fixed it finger.gif
Bleyseng
Brad, you wouldn't figured it out that day if Monique had been around!
Brad Roberts
um... why is that ? Did I miss a inside joke or somthing ?

B
ChrisReale
Geoff, I am getting two MPS's in this week. I need to use your pump to test them. Let me know when you are available wavey.gif
Brad Roberts
Does Geoff's penis pump work for that ?

:finger2:

B
ChrisReale
So thats why the vacuum tester looked so wierd icon8.gif
Bleyseng
Right now is good, as I am wasting time eating, drinking beer and posting waiting for the Mariners vs Yankees to come on.

Oh, I forgot Brad you are married and have only eyes for your wife. tongue.gif
hey, I'll loan you that pump it will help out your little problem!
ChrisReale
I just got a 1.7 mps in the mail today. I am waiting or the 037 to come this week. Ill check with you later when I have everything..................
Brad Roberts
I never said I didnt "already" have one. LOL

I just never thought of using it to test MPS's.

OH.. FYI. I think we can stamp new diaphrams for the MPS's here at the shop.

B
ChrisReale
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 6 2003, 06:07 PM)

OH.. FYI. I think we can stamp new diaphrams for the MPS's here at the shop.

B

Cool! I know you are busy, but go for it. Help bring back all the MPS's from the dead. Fuck $700 for a new one!
Bleyseng
Sell them for atleast $100 each and people will still save money ($100 +$50 to recalibrate) . Put me on the testing list....
Also, stamp out some of the 2.0l spacers as those are needed to convert 1.7l ones.
Blair and I have been talking about the other EFI set ups. Megasquirt might be a good cheap alternative but a better EFI can be had for $1000 with way more "steps" to program and get around some of the problems.
Geoff
Brad Roberts
Hummm.. weigh it out:

MegaS or New Diaphrams ??

Tough choice.

Goeff... I'm building the new computer for the dyno room and have ordered the new software for it. We will have 90K dollar Superflow dyno ready to run with all the latest bells and whistles within 3 weeks.

B
Bleyseng
Is the MS adjustable enough to really work without the problems Dhunt is having? It might be just too simple of a system. On a dyno you can figure it all out in a few days.
Diaphrams can be fitted to any MPS if they are the same as the oem, lots of running cars that will need them, say maybe 20,000.
Geoff
Brad Roberts
I think Dhunt will get there. He was fighting a bad injector. I also have some idea's on how to help his "off throttle" issue and it involves using the stock decel valve.

B
Bleyseng
I thought the decel valve bleeds air into the manifold to lean out the mix when on overrun? So he could just hook this back up?
Geoff
Tony C
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 6 2003, 05:13 PM)
We will have 90K dollar Superflow dyno ready to run with all the latest bells and whistles within 3 weeks.

B

Is that John 3 weeks, Brad 3 weeks, or Tony 3 weeks???? tongue.gif

-tony
Brad Roberts
Ha ha..

The turbo guy is full time on getting the dyno up and running. It has nothing to do with JD time..LOL too funny.

B
Brad Roberts
That is my thought Geoff.. it not electrical.. its not mechanical.. and they worked pretty good.

Its just a thought. I dont know if you could get the amount of air correct.. but they are somewhat adjustable. I can think of other decel valves he could possibly try also.

B
Tony C
so I spent 8 hours today cutting and grinding away 912 floor pans, rust, asphalt and other crap. I might be 1/2 done... I now know why Scott let me "steal" that job.

-tony
Brad Roberts
Not much fun huh. It's good practice for you. I received all the V8 parts today for the grey car. The tranny will go in next Monday after I have Hayden do the setup on the R+P. I still need to order all the HD clutch pieces..

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.