Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD -FS- 2.0 Engine Package
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bulitt
Sold
Thank you for everyone who responded!

Used Engine out of a 1973 2.0. 1400$ As is. Offering this as a package (for now).

* Speedo busted so don't have a clue about actual miles (around 50,000 on speedo). I have put about 50miles on it since buying it in November and it seems to be peppy. Then parked it due to rear calipers seized and brakes unsafe.
Been upgrading to 5 lug, new brake lines, calipers, rust repair, flares and now 327 chevy. So thats why I have not dirven it!

* Needs a tune up for sure, plugs look like they are running rich and smoke on start up- don't believe the cold start circuit working properly (idle speed does not increase on start up). Fires easily.

* You get the engine, tins, Djet, Muffler, Stainless steel exhaust tubes (thick flange), heater J pipes (that slide into heat exchangers on exhaust). Air intake (with K&N filter). old AC compressor (cant imagine it works) with bracket, MPS, fuel injection. Motor mount bar. Clutch assembly.

* Ser no.- GA 003499
Compression as follows- (forgot to block open the throttle plate during test). headbang.gif Compression test performed on cold engine so probably would have read several lbs higher - I just don't like burning my fingers.
1- 112
2- 116
3- 118
4- 118
Per Haynes Manual - minimum acceptable 93 per cylinder and maximum difference per cylinder 21.
And don't know when last valve lash was adjusted.

* Exhaust studs are all in good shape. When removing exhaust 4 studs remained in the heads and 4 studs unscrewed account the nuts rusted solid to studs. The studs screwed right back in so threads are good. The studs with rusted nuts on them went into the trash and will need to be replaced.

* MPS holds vacuum but bleeds off after 5 minutes.

* Tins have some minor surface rust and are all in good shape with exception of front right where the tin was trimmed to install AC compressor.

* The entire clutch assembly was replaced last yr by PO (5/12/11)- have receipt. Sachs clutch. PO only owned car for @ a year and could not pass along any prior service information. Vin search produced no new info or prior PO's.

* Fan blades look intact from what I can see.

* SSI exchangers and muffler in excellent shape (Oil on exchanger).

* On the underside either the valve covers or pushrod tubes are leaking, plate with oil screen in it has no leak (just cleaned screen), more than likely other stuff leaking too. Look at the pics and you can see this needs some seals/gaskets.

* So if y'all want any more pics let me know. If you have any questions post them up or PM me. If you think something is missing from the seeing the pics I can try and figure it out but have not spent any time learning this engine. Trying to accurately describe the condition of this motor.

* Delivery options- I'm in Raleigh, NC
1) Come get it
2) I can deliver it in a several hundred mile radius- you pay the gas.
3) Send a truck to get it (freight quote.com is a single call service- tell them residential p/u with tailgate service)-you pay shipping
4) I can haul it local to a shipper if they can unload it from my p/u (forklift).- you pay shipping
5) I will be at Scotty B's for the trans clinic in April (Richmond,Va) and can bring it with me.

* Will put a pallet under, put a plywood shelf above the engine to hold the exhaust, and shrink wrap it for additional 30$.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
nice package.

k
bulitt
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 23 2012, 03:34 PM) *

nice package.

k

I believe so. Going to start cleaning stuff up and will repost pics.
Came up with the price by searching the FS ads. So from what I see Individual parts seem to sell well as follows-

2.0 Engine- 850
SSI Exchangers 300
Muffler 100
Djet/Tb/manifold etc 150

1400$
JamesM
If you are willing to sell those exchangers separately I will take them.

QUOTE(bulitt @ Mar 25 2012, 02:17 AM) *

nice package.

k

Came up with the price by searching the FS ads. So from what I see Individual parts seem to sell well as follows-

2.0 Engine- 850
SSI Exchangers 300
Muffler 100
Djet/Tb/manifold etc 150

1400$

drken
QUOTE(JamesM @ Mar 25 2012, 04:00 PM) *

If you are willing to sell those exchangers separately I will take them.

QUOTE(bulitt @ Mar 25 2012, 02:17 AM) *

nice package.

k

2.0 Engine- 850
SSI Exchangers 300
Muffler 100
Djet/Tb/manifold etc 150

1400$

Same here on the muffler.

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.