Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can I trouble someone for a pic.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
F4i
I remember there being a spring used to hold the door map pocket closed. I do not know how it was attached. Can some one post a pic of how it goes? It's not listed in the PET or the manuals (haynes, Porsche) Thanks guys. beerchug.gif
scruz914
Like this? Let me know if you need more details.

-Jeff
F4i
Ahh yes thats great! What does it attach to at the bottom? Good pic BTW.
scruz914
My degree in photography comes in handy once in a while.

You cannot see how the bottom anchors. The black tube is flexible rubber and open at the bottom. I thought it would slide up to revel the bottom anchor but it is firmly in place. there must be some kind of bar or hook at the bottom that is covered by the tube. I poked my finger around the bottom of the tube and could slightly feel the bottom of the spring. It feels like it is hooking into something embedded in the door panel. Glad I am not trying to hook the thing back up!

Good luck!

-Jeff
McMark
The door panel has a metal "washer" on the back, so you just stick it in the hole and push it to the side (any side) and it'll hook.
scruz914
That sounds about right. The tube should probably slide up and down the spring but mine may just be stuck.

-Jeff
F4i
Thanks guys. I had everything recovered so it's a bit of a puzzle sometimes. Nice to have a place to ask these types of questions. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.