Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Momo prototipo steering wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rbcm2005
I have been lusting over this wheel for awhile now and am all ready to purchase but when I went to order it and the Momo hub kit to go along with it I can only find kits available for 914-6 (1970-72) and 914-4 (1972-76). Am I out of luck when it comes to the Momo wheel for my '71?

IPB Image
eric9144
There is a hub for your car, contact Jonathan at GPR and I'm sure he can get you set up with one.
Valy
You need a different hub. The later -4 hub will work but there will be an ugly gap.
The hub you need is NLA. I had one for sale about a year ago but those are pretty rare. Search my posts for a picture with dimensions.
jim_hoyland
You might check with Snap-Off steering systems. I bought a quick release from them for use with a Prototipo last year. Seems like they make various adapters, their customer service was very good. Try emailing them.
Rbcm2005
Is this what I need? #0230

IPB Image
Rbcm2005
Found it! piratenanner.gif

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Lenkrad-Nabe-Porsch...3#ht_1574wt_689

And thanks to our Geman exchange student from last year it is on it's way. Thanks again for everyone's help.

beerchug.gif

damesandhotrods
I hope you post a picture when you’ve finished the installation. I too would like a Prototipo, but I have a feeling it will obscure too much of the speedometer.
Rbcm2005
Will do!
dem
QUOTE(damesandhotrods @ Mar 24 2012, 09:52 AM) *

I hope you post a picture when you’ve finished the installation. I too would like a Prototipo, but I have a feeling it will obscure too much of the speedometer.

What you want is to add the jwest eccentric adapter - it will offset the wheel just enough to make the gauges usably obscured.

Jwest Eccentric Momo Adapter

In my car:
IPB Image
MikeSpraggi
If you do a search on ebay for Luisi Porsche hub, you'll find the the one I used. When you go to the page, there's a chart for various Porsche hubs. What the early 4 cylinder uses is a model S5904. It's a Luisi, $70. Came in a couple of days.

You can't see it too well, but it fits nicely!

Click to view attachment
copersucar
Click to view attachment

Here is my Prototipo...

Alex.
nsr-jamie
Here is mine too, I really love the look and it feels and looks just right in the cars

IPB Image
lonewolfe
I've been longing for a silver Prototipo steering wheel as well. I have a 1972 914/4 manufactured 5/72. Do you know if I need the early Luisi type hub or will my car need the later style? I know these cars went through some changes in 8/72 with the brakes and front suspension but I'm not sure about the steering wheel hubs.
geniusanthony
Alex, I dig those floor mats. Would you post another photo of them?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.