Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP.......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Juniors_914
Today after fixing the electrical problem on my car (thread)..., I go and turn the key to turn on the car and all it does is crank, it doesnt turn on mad.gif , Do you guys have any idea of what can be causing this? or What I should look out for?
TIA

-Junior
McMark
12v to the coil when the ignition is on?
Juniors_914
QUOTE(markd@mac.com @ Sep 24 2004, 07:27 PM)
12v to the coil when the ignition is on?

yes, theres spark comin from the coil
-Junior
seanery
fuel pump relay?
Juniors_914
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 24 2004, 08:24 PM)
fuel pump relay?

the pump is working, and i see the fuel flowing through the fuel filter
-Junior
eeyore
I tend to forget the trigger points plug and vacuum line on the distributor. Check CHT wire as well.
Juniors_914
QUOTE(Cloudbuster @ Sep 24 2004, 09:20 PM)
I tend to forget the trigger points plug and vacuum line on the distributor.  Check CHT wire as well.

i checked like 3 times, I even unplugged and plugged it again , and nothin, it just cranks

-Junior
and the vacuum lines are new
sj914
Spark plugs fouled?
Juniors_914
QUOTE(sj914 @ Sep 24 2004, 09:51 PM)
Spark plugs fouled?

havent checked them, but will check them in the morning. thanks for the quick reply you guys.....Any other things I should look out for besides the plugs and plug wires?

-Junior
sj914
Timing, I've had the distributor turn a little and cause me headaches for a couple days.
Juniors_914
QUOTE(sj914 @ Sep 24 2004, 10:03 PM)
Timing, I've had the distributor turn a little and cause me headaches for a couple days.

i was thinking about that. do you or anyone here know of someone in the LA area that can do the timing on my car? and how much is it going to cost me?

-Junior
Juniors_914
icon_bump.gif
JoeSharpOld
Junior: Where you be hangin?
Joe
Juniors_914
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Sep 25 2004, 05:24 AM)
Junior: Where you be hangin?
Joe

I live in the f*ed up part of LA....I live in East LA in Boyle Heights to be exact

-Junior
JoeSharpOld
What are you doing up at this time of day, people in you hood dont go to sleep until 4. Hey, check the plug at the triger points if the boot looks like its on the plug can still be unpluged and the car wont start. Bought a teener really cheap because of that. biggrin.gif
Joe
Juniors_914
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Sep 25 2004, 05:39 AM)
What are you doing up at this time of day, people in you hood dont go to sleep until 4. Hey, check the plug at the triger points if the boot looks like its on the plug can still be unpluged and the car wont start. Bought a teener really cheap because of that. biggrin.gif
Joe

lol I checked that and it is connected, I even pulled the boot back a little to make sure it was pluged

-Junior
JoeSharpOld
Danm. (714) 8478002
Joe
Juniors_914
I was hoping it was that or the coil, but the trigger points plug is connected and there is spark at the plugs
-Junior
JoeSharpOld
Junior: you going to call or what?
Joe
Juniors_914
Can't find the timing mark. Is there another way to put the car in timing?
TIA

unsure.gif -Junior
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.