Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cylinder studs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Any ideas on removing the long studs from the case. Vise grips don't seem to do it. Double nut on the end of the threads maybe. I don't want to twist them.
SpecialK
I was going to suggest the "double-nut" method, but you've already thought of that. Probably wouldn't hurt to soak them with PB Blaster or the like and let it set for awhile prior to which ever method you use.
ArtechnikA
i guess if you've already tried the vise-grips you've decided to replace them...

Snap-On makes a couple of excellent stud pullers. one uses a bow-tie-shaped wedge-cam to grip the stud which is really effective but like vise-grips may deform the stud. the best method is the collet-type. they're exensive but they can also be used to insert the studs without damage...
bob91403
After you get them removed go to www.casperlabs.com/casperlabsinc/id1.html. Don't know if they fit the type 4 as well, but it looks interesting.
bob91403
Correction: They make a kit for the 914. $89 complete, definitely the way to go. Their page takes forever to load. Be patient, it's worth it.
Allan
Okay, got them out. PB Blaster and double nut. I really don't want to replace them. They look to be in good shape.
bob91403
Sorry, I see now you were talking about "case" studs. My mistake, I thought it was exaust studs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.