Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this bracket?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
What is this bracket for?

It is above the engine mount point on the passenger side.
qa1142
Fuel filter

I think blink.gif
BatAc
Watson, on the backside of that engine mount is there a bracket??? Is that just the tip of it in the photo on the right hand side? Then it would continue to the backside of that engine mount? Thanks. blink.gif
URY914
Some hoses use to lay on mine.

But I cut it out. biggrin.gif

Paul
watsonrx13
Hey Paul, were they brake hoses?

I had to bend the bracket back into shape, so I don't know what the bracket was suppose to support. If this bracket is for the fuel filter (qa1142's guess), then I'll cut it off, because I'll mount the fuel pump/filter in the front of the car.

BatAc, I was refering to the red bracket welded to the red piece in the center of the pic. biggrin.gif
URY914
Not brake lines, they go under the car.

I think they were fuel lines. Been way too long ago.
BatAc
Watson, I know the bracket you were referring too. Don't know the purpose of it though. This (the engine mount) is one of the pieces I need to order before I start dismantiling, drilling, cutting etc. this whole hell section. There seems to be discrepency when I'm trying to order this whether it has a bracket. Mine seems too ('74). Since you've entered this hellish place thought you might know though. wink.gif
skline
It is for the fuel filter on cars to 74. the filter snaps into it, if you are putting it up front, you can cut it off.
watsonrx13
Thanks guys, it will be removed next weekend.

Wow, maybe I've caught the Paul, less is best, syndrome.... smilie_pokal.gif

BTW Paul, once the weather cooperates, hopefully I can come by... biggrin.gif

Any idea when the AX is going to be rescheduled? Let me know and I'll come by and cheer you on... aktion035.gif
URY914
Rescheduled for next Sunday, 10/3.
You going to Jax for the Brumos Swap meet?
qa1142
Sure I see you beleave Scott but not me. :finger2: slap.gif

Fuel filters on 72 and 74 were square with plastic seam down the middle that went into the slot.

You'll have to buy me a drink and make me forget all about it sometime

beerchug.gif beer.gif beer3.gif w00t.gif drunk.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(qa1142 @ Sep 25 2004, 04:27 PM)
Fuel filter

agree.gif rectangular fuel filter ...

wink.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.