Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: you gotta have goals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Trekkor
Short term for me, finish the a/x season with my 2.0 in the the top 33% of each event.

Long term, install that little SIX and always finish in the top ten. lol2.gif

And stay street legal. unsure.gif

KT
scrz914
short term: sell my lil 'ol '71 914
long term: buy a '73/'74 2.0 that's already set up for autocross and always finish better than I did at Marina. 2nd to last...argh!

Tony
qa1142
Short term: Just enjoy it the rest of summer/fall

Long term: gut , strip, repaint this winter while I go through the Motor. (long winters in chicago laugh.gif )
BatAc
short term: get it back on the road.

long term: keep it on the road.
smrz914
short term. Try to keep the car on the road and get done with school so I can make lots of money.

Long term. Use the money I make to build a fleet of v8 914's. Race car, street car, super car, 3.5L alum. v8 super light CF car. So I have big dreams, it makes me happy.
Bleyseng
Short term-install the black interior with leather seats instead of the tan stuff biggrin.gif
Rebuild Black back pad using the good tan backpad- Todays project
Long term- pull the motor and fix what I broke overreving on the track.. <_<

Geoff
sgomes
Short term: Get it moving. It's been waaayyyy to long! Looks like that will take me a couple of weeks.

Loooonnnnngggg term: Send it up to mark in napa for some needed rustoration and stiffening. Then maybe a nice paint job and some interior work.

The basic idea here is that it's been on jackstands so long that I'm starting to forget what it felt like to drive. So, I'll probably love driving it and put off the long term stuff for a very long time.
J P Stein
To be consistently competitive for TTOD at our local SCCA AXs.......simple, no?
SirAndy
short term: get a refill on my rum/coke ...

long term: spend even more money on my car ...

beer3.gif Andy
Bleyseng
rum and coke??? wacko.gif
anthony
Short term 914: replace tranny mounts, adjust clutch (seems low), wash and wax (needs it bad), new tires, front end alignment, clean out garage before it rains (under cover right now) and move car inside

Long term 914: 2056 build up and/or trade up to a nice six

Short term 911: new tires, install konis, alignment, install carrera sway bars
Medium term: install larger torsion bars, turbo tie rods, & get alignment (have parts but no time)
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 25 2004, 10:26 PM)
rum and coke??? wacko.gif

it's called "cuba libre" ....

yummie!
beer3.gif Andy
Rhodes71/914
Short term: get the 1.7 in the car running good so I can drive it a little this fall.

Long term: finish working on the 2.0 and, pull the 1.7, clean the engine bay because its nasty, and hopefully be driving with the 2.0 by the time the snow melts (end of March)

Oh and I think that it has to have a lime in it to be a cuba libre, drank my fair share of those hangin out in Costa Rica. beer3.gif
MattR
Short term: finish up my front suspension (5 lug) and motor rebuild and get car running.

Long term: Paint car, freshen up interior, and finish rust repair in hell hole.

yeah, and some school stuff too...
JB 914
Short Term: Drive my 914-8!!

Long Term: Get it painted and fix the oil leaks on the 2.6L that is currently Faux painting my driveway.
sanglee007
Ugh.

Short Term:
1. Remove 2.0 Fuchs wheels and polish (sell)
2. Sell my 76 2.0
3. Give away the 74 Freebie roller to a deserving nutcase who needs body panels and a core motor/sideshift.

Long Term:
1. Buy a #$@!# PRE SMOG 914!!!!!!

Frankly, I don't have the skill or money to make my 914 run well enough to be a reliable car. I'd rather pour money into my miata for now and get started in auto-x, and then get a pre smog 914.

Sang
Joe Ricard
Cleanup from the AX Yesterday. biggrin.gif

Get ready for Cruising the Coast. boldblue.gif

Get the 2.0L Carbed ready to replace the bone stock EARLY 1.7L. (she be knocking now). Hmm don't know how that happened rolleyes.gif

Long term is race as often as possible all winter long. Yes thats right the Delta region has winter season racing mueba.gif
JoeSharpOld
Real short: /L.s car will be back on the street today, look for post later.
My short: Get The MPS tuned on my A/X car on go to the races.
Long: I have 2 more cars to rebuild, 1 for the street and a complete restoration of a -6.
Joe
skline
Short term: Finish my long term Chalon project and start driving it. Had the car for 2 years and have never driven it yet.

Long term: Get a real job with benefits and retirement plan so some day I can relax and just drive my car.

I know, lame goals but at least I have some. The real job could happen in the next year, maybe less. Applied for the Long Shore on a industry card and even got a draw number so it looks like it will happen, its just a matter of time.
mack914
ST: Complete the 6 conversion before the end of Oct.
LT: learn to post pix so you guys can see my beauty. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
VegasRacer
Short term #1 - sell the race car.
Short term #2 - get a street legal 6.
Long term - drive it driving.gif
seanery
WHITEY:
short term: finish front sway bar, rear sway bar, rear hubs, engine rebuild, side shift trans swap, door handle rebuild

long term: rebuild 2.2T motor to 2.2S specs, then swap with 2.7 motor in blue car, repaint car, tan leather interior

BLUECAR:
short term: get it aligned and fine tuned, then pick it up

long term: put fiberglass body panels on and painted, get some big wheels on 16x8's and 9's, drive it with 2.7, but swap in 2.2 motor when completed.
machina
short term
get motor running with all new instrumentation and plumbing...

mid term
finish race with new motor

long term
world peace aktion035.gif
PatW
Kick @ss at autocross...

Finish Machinist School..
neo914-6
Short term (2-6 mo): replace 283 with a 350, sell car.

Long term (1-2 yr): build neo914, (contemporary exterior and interior, install modern drivetrain as if it were to be a factory retro)
914werke
rum and coke???

What Andy you didnt like the Mojito's? You seemed to be puttin um away laugh.gif

Short term put the 73"S" right, (back to complete OE) then sell to fund the complete resto of the LE.

Long term, spend obscene amounts of $ turning the LE into a rolling showcase of the continually developng new technology for our cars smilie_pokal.gif
Brando
Short Term:
- Fix fuel-delivery problem (died on the track, fuel pump = deadz0r)
- Treat visible rust and broken trunk hinges
- Interior (DIY leather)

Long Term:
- Get all rust treated, bodywork done, and painted to factory metallic blue.
- Switch to 911 suspension w/ 15" fuchs
- Install 915 trans and 911SC 3.0L engine
STL914
Short term:

Complete bare metal repaint in Bahia Red or Guards Red. Replace black interior with tan interior.
Replace Pedrinis with 2 liter Fuchs.

Long term: [depending on time and $$ and spouse]

Install factory metal flares and GT style bumper and valance.
Replace stock suspension with 911 parts.
Wider wheels and tires.
Replace 2.2 liter 4 with a 6.
nebreitling
short term: party my ass off/sticky tires/remove weight/beat britain and trekkor

long term: finish 29 years of going to school/get a cush job at some college/buy an SC, turn the 914 into a race car. party my ass off.
MarkG
Short term:

just get it running so i can get it out of my garage - and MAYBE, just maybe- get it running well enough to get it registered!

Long term:

new paint, new interior, suspension mods and new Raby engine......
BMartin914
Mark,

Still no luck with getting your teener on the road?! I haven't seen you on the Colorado 914 board and was starting to wonder what happened.

Hope to meet you and your 914 some time. Good luck.

Ben
--in Denver
radivad
Short Term: Get a running engine back in the car.
Mid Term: Drive it for a while.
Long Term: Tear it all back apart and start over (or just buy another one to play with).

This car will never be finished.
MartyYeoman
Short Term:
Enjoy the rest of the Summer/Fall with only a car wash or two.

Long Term:
Install 19mm front sway bar and front mounted oil cooler.
Andyrew
Short term.. Drive the car.. fix all the junk.

long term... get money to finish the car... as you go process.. Get over the "i've put this much into it.. and I could sell it for this much..(ie i've put 5k into the car.. could sell it now for 7+ easy.. when done should be around 15..) so I put more into it then I could sell it for.. then I'd HAVE to keep it!!! laugh.gif

Even longer term
Fleet of cars, buy back this 914 if I ever sell it, restore it, and put it just like the way I have it now to remind me of my high school senior year.

See.. Even I get sentimental....

Andrwe
plas76targa
Short term - figure out why the fn tranny won't recognized 2nd, 4th and 5th - let's hope it's just bushings.

Long term:
CV gaskets and new bolts, New brake pads, replace brake fluid,
19mm master cyl, Tranny mounts, Engine mounts,
Koni's up front, Front bushing's, fix rear license plate lights,
move fuel pump up front, R&R front heater fan,
H4 headlights, add front swaybar, add center console and
gauges, make or find a 904 combo gauge,
electric pump for wiper/washer
Mahle wheels and Kumho's
$$$ $$$ $$$ rolleyes.gif
davidcalvin
Short term: shocks, tires on my 2.0L.

Long Term: new paint, new radio, restore trim and interior.
Trekkor
IPB Image

Just checkin' on your goals.

I finished the a/x season in my 2.0-FOUR with a top five finish.
My SIX project will be completed soon!

KT
iiibdsiil
Short Term:
Get back on the road. Trans back together and new axles.

Long Term:
Find a good condition roller, make a rotissery, make perfect, swap everything over.
grantsfo
Go from stock 1.8 powerplant to higher output 1.8 or 2.0 this next season. Show up to more than 2 AX's this season. Try to give you top guys in improved 2.0 class a run for your money when I do show up.
larryp
Short term: carpet the firewall. Install James' new door panels. Replace my front bumper and rocker panels.

Long term: nothing. Not a goddamn thing, The short term stuff was my punchlist.

To all my DAPOs, IPB Image
jwalters
IPB Image

Short term: Finish raping my donor car of parts and finish my daily driver- of which I have no place to work on it but outside in the elements. ( Thank God in SoFl it is still getting into the 80's)

Long term: Get rid of my P.O.S. Dodge 1500 truck and drive my beastie teener everyday!!!

IPB Image
Aaron Cox
to get my car waterproof! IPB Image rain ,,,, i had a dang swimming poll in there... IPB Image
guywan914
Short term: finish stripping bottom of car, get new suspension parts in and be ready for motor coming in from Jake early spring.
Long term: drive car finally
xsboost90
put in suspension, put in motor, get it running, bodywork, paint, interior, wheels, brakes, etc....

long term...enjoy it.
J P Stein
Short term??
Let the bondo dry IPB Image
Rhodes71/914
Well I made my short term goal from when this thread was started and did get to drive my car for a couple of weeks. But the 1.7 was tired and leaking and making funny noises, it was fun while it lasted.

Short term now is to fix some rust spots, put other stearing column in, rear trunk shocks from camp914, and rebuild rear brake caliper (thanks to the freebie rebuild kit that Mike aka Dr Evil is sending me).

Long term: Get the 2.0 in before I have to move.
Bleyseng
Update: short term- take out the 2.1l and see what I did to it. IPB Image

long term- install all the goodies to make it faster!

Geoff IPB Image
Otmar
Super short term: Get some sleep before the sun comes up. (might as well, the Stoli just ran out) IPB Image

Short term: Install the door handle that Woodbury fixed and stop getting my finger greasy every time I get in the car. IPB Image

Medium term; Recover the seats and back pad.

Long term; Maybe some paint?

Someday; AX tires, Full cage, instant electric rear camber adjusters. IPB Image
Gustl
short term: replace the under dash fuse box (contact problem) IPB Image
mid term: driving and having fun IPB Image
long term: find a nice high grade original '70 914-6 (signal orange prefered) IPB Image

IPB Image Gustl
ClayPerrine
I figure this is appropriate to this thread....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.