Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wattboy's new cage...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tony C
You can see pics of Jon's new cage @ Jon's Cage Pics

-Tony
Brad Roberts
Sounds like the WRX engine has a roll cage...LOL

914 with a Subaru WRX engine rollcage fabrication.

Nice welding. :finger2:

B
Tony C
well then Mr. English professor, try this: same page just fixed a little...

-tony
Brad Roberts
NICE..

MR. HTML EDITOR.

Is this the first time you have moved out of your parents house ?? LOL

I might need a room soon and I hear your dad has an extra one.

B
jonwatts
A place to hang the beer helmet
IPB Image

I think I'll go down to the garage and drool on it IPB Image
Brad Roberts
Oh.. look out. Mr Watts using his folder on the clubsite to post "drool" smilies..

Smart man.

IPB Image
B
L8Apex
Move into the new place yet?
jonwatts
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 6 2003, 07:51 PM)
Oh.. look out. Mr Watts using his folder on the clubsite to post "drool" smilies..

Smart man.

IPB Image
B

Mr. Roberts, I find myself tiring of your remarks. IPB Image
Brad Roberts
That is what we need...

A "BORING" smilie. Like Homer Simpson "B-O-R-I-N-G"

Like a BS flag ..but BORING.

You get my point..

B bs.gif
jonwatts
No IPB Image

Wouldn't a sleeping one work? IPB Image
Matt914MI
How's this?

IPB Image
Tony C
Terrance, Yes I am in the new places, living and working. Oh and B dad does have a room for rent I think 1/2 the morgage will be about $4K a month...

-tony
L8Apex
you gonna be there tomorow? Maybe I will swing by and check it out.
Tony C
Yes, I should be there from 10-5 or so. Call first...

-tony
Andyrew
Tony, I have been wondering, do you do roll cages on cars other then 914's? and have you taken out any harness bars while you put in a cage instead? I will be in need of one soon, and im just doing some verbal thinkin. hmm sleeeepIPB Image
Tony C
Andrew, Yes I do cages in anything that has wheels. See TC Design projects for examples. Just "click" on the links at the left of the page. I have removed several harness(useless) bars when adding cages to cars.

-Tony
cha914
Tony,

I see this cage differs from your usual 'halo' design...is that because you are using the full 'x' bars or because you needed more head room, or something else?

Thanks for all the pics and I hope one day to have welds that good on my 914...

yours,

the other Tony C.

can't wait to start my welding class this summer
Brad Roberts
I'm not Tony.. nor do I play him on TV.

Evolution. Pure Evolution.

Personally.. I think he was tired of the same old design... and now he has TIG welder.. beerchug.gif

B
jonwatts
I requested more head room for my rainbow afro-helmet.
Jeff Krieger
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 6 2003, 09:01 PM)
That is what we need...

A "BORING" smilie. Like Homer Simpson "B-O-R-I-N-G"

Like a BS flag ..but BORING.

You get my point..

B bs.gif

Boring is in the brain of the beholder. I realize that every time I see some PhD at a murder trial giving expert testimony about maggots or plant pollen or something. I would have to weep if I was forced to study this stuff but their knowledge is beneficial to society. I've even heard people say that math is boring but to see just how wrong that idea is, check out the proof to the Heine-Borel theorem.

http://persweb.direct.ca/aschwenk/Heine-Borel1.jpg

http://persweb.direct.ca/aschwenk/Heine-Borel2.jpg
Tony C
The other Tony C, Yes B nailed it, evolution and learning. I feel that I can now build a better fitting cage using the a-pillar method. It is much harder to do and most fab shops are not very good at it. I am constantly learning and getting better.

-Tony
Tony C
QUOTE(Jeff Krieger @ May 7 2003, 02:33 PM)

Boring is in the brain of the beholder. I realize that every time I see some PhD at a murder trial giving expert testimony about maggots or plant pollen or something. I would have to weep if I was forced to study this stuff but their knowledge is beneficial to society. I've even heard people say that math is boring but to see just how wrong that idea is, check out the proof to the Heine-Borel theorem.

http://persweb.direct.ca/aschwenk/Heine-Borel1.jpg

http://persweb.direct.ca/aschwenk/Heine-Borel2.jpg

WHAT?????? Can I get this in english.

-Tony
campbellcj
QUOTE(Tony C @ May 7 2003, 09:02 PM)
The other Tony C, Yes B nailed it, evolution and learning. I feel that I can now build a better fitting cage using the a-pillar method. It is much harder to do and most fab shops are not very good at it. I am constantly learning and getting better.

-Tony

Hey, that looks sweet...

Can I get an upgrade under warranty? wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.