Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hurricane #4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I woke up to see on the news the hurricane about 1 1/2 hours to the southeast of me and moving at 15 mph with 60-75 mph winds and HEADED RIGHT FOR US!!!!!!

We went to bed thinking it would be more east and peter out to the north of us.

Right now it is right over Rob Watson's (watsonx13) house in Plant City, east of Tampa.

The wind is whipping around like crazy. Not much rain.
What a FPITA.

Paul
JoeSharpOld
Paul: You guys got hit harder than that in the No Name Storme, what an oddball that was. Can't wait to join you biggrin.gif
Joe
Qarl
I don't want to hear about your wimpy 60-75 mph hour winds.

We've had 80 for the last 4 hours with gusts to over 100.....

Some roof tiles are off... pool is flooded... lake is rising...

F-ing hurricanes...
URY914
We were out of power for 7 hours on Sunday. But we're lucky, some still don't have it back.
No damage. More wind than rain this time.

Enough of this crap!!!

Paul
BiG bOgGs
clap56.gif Howdy there, I'm Jim from Ft. Myers. I have been hoping to find some floridians to socialize/comizerate with about our beloved 914's. I am in negotiations with a seller of a 1973 1.7. Other than the basics to look for on all 914s, are there any specifics to this year/engine I should specifically check?
URY914
Welcome to the board.

As far as the '73 1.7, thats what mine started out as.

I don't think there is anything special to look for but I would verify that it is a 1.7. Also does it have the original fuel injection? How about the wheels? stock or aftermarket?

Of course check everywhere for rust but you already knew that.

Post your question as a seperate topic and you'll get more help than I can give.

Paul
BiG bOgGs
Thanks. I'll post it. Also, how can I tell what options orginally came with the car? Are there any production codes that tell me things like color, wheel type, interior, ect. like domistic cars have?
URY914
Dealers sorta did thier own thing when it came to options back then. You can get the color from the label inside the drivers door jam. I don't know about the rest of it. There is a program throught the Prosche factory that they will look up your serial number and tell you when it was build, factory options and what dealer it was shipper to for sale.

Paul
Joe Bob
Sunny and 75 today....we're due for a good fire storm, no rain worth a damn for three years, the lake is lower than whale turds and looks as appetizing....also due for a good earthquake. Last nasty one hearabouts was 1925......last fire was 1990//......lost 600+ homes....
red914
QUOTE(mikez @ Sep 27 2004, 05:56 PM)
Sunny and 75 today....we're due for a good fire storm, no rain worth a damn for three years, the lake is lower than whale turds and looks as appetizing....also due for a good earthquake. Last nasty one hearabouts was 1925......last fire was 1990//......lost 600+ homes....

i hear ya; mt. st. helens is moving around a bit lately. we too are in need of some exciting natural phenomonin, phenomonum, stuff. volcanos can be kewl! and we haven't had one in about 24 years.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(red914 @ Sep 28 2004, 07:11 AM)
QUOTE(mikez @ Sep 27 2004, 05:56 PM)
Sunny and 75 today....we're due for a good fire storm, no rain worth a damn for three years, the lake is lower than whale turds and looks as appetizing....also due for a good earthquake.  Last nasty one hearabouts was 1925......last fire was 1990//......lost 600+ homes....

i hear ya; mt. st. helens is moving around a bit lately. we too are in need of some exciting natural phenomonin, phenomonum, stuff. volcanos can be kewl! and we haven't had one in about 24 years.

Ya... Wow ohmy.gif 24 years! seems like yesterday. I was on the Hood Canal in Port Ludlow when it blew. Heard the 2 BOOMS and it rattled the house. We lived near a rock quarry at the time. I told my wife "I didn't know the quarry worked on Sunday" rolleyes.gif turned on the TV a few minutes later to find what happened.

And now it might do it again headbang.gif I got too much HVAC shit to worry about... Please Please blow the other way pray.gif

.....b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.