Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to find banjo brake fittings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
I need to use a bango fitting with the rear monoblocks on the back of my car because the there is not enough room for the stock lines without kinking them.

What size are the fittings for our lines?

Where can I pick these up?
TimT
Pegasus has a selection of banjo fittings.

I just did a quick scan of their catalog, but didnt see s 90 deg banjo
MartyYeoman
I think I had a similar clearance problem when I reinstalled 914 stock front calipers at the rear.
The front calipers have their brake lines pointing towards the center of the car while the rears point up.
To make the connection I bought a good used set of hard lines and modified them with a 90 degree bend
right at the end fitting. The bend needs to be right at the fiiting in order to clear the swing arm.
I made a bending tool from some washers. I will post a pictures tonight.
Cap'n Krusty
I'm not quite clear on what you want. A banjo fitting as used on Porsches is by nature a 90 degree fitting. The bolt goes in where the line would have gone, and the banjo fitting routes the line off at 90 degrees. Anything other than that is accomplished by bending the hard line. There are tools for that, and soft metal hard lines. The Cap'n
echocanyons
Capn'

a banjo fitting is exactly what I need because it has the 90 degree angle, I'm sorry for my confusing post.

I just dont know where I can find a couple. Is there such a thing as a 10mm banjo fitting that will fit directly into where the hard line would go, does the other end have a 10mm male end to fit into the rubber lines?

I really would like to use the banjo fiitings rather than bending because of the possibility of kinking of the tube and interference with the trailing arm.
echocanyons
I looked at pegasus but I could not fint a 10mm banjo with a 10mm end.
ArtechnikA
Earls has a bunch of banjos and various brake adapters, including 10mm banjo bolts. the above page is to some representative stuff, you may have to wander around to find exactly what you need ...
Cap'n Krusty
I gotta drawer full of those suckers, with the bolts. The Cap'n
echocanyons
What do I gotta do to get a couple?
markb
Call him. 805 925-1993.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.