Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E-brake Dash Light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
I pulled the leftmost gauge to see why my e-brake light doesn't gon on anymore- the mechanic had it working last year. The bulb is fine. There is juice to the bulb housing when the brake is on. There are two bron wires from the back of the buld housing on one side and a black striped wire on the other. If I ground the brown wire, the light goes on ? I think I need to know where the two brown wires are supposed to go. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get everything working like original.
TheCabinetmaker
brown is always ground (if they are original wires).
SirAndy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 27 2004, 12:22 PM)
Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get everything working like original.

the ground wire for the ebrake goes from the gauge to your ebrake handle.
it runs through the center tunnel, then behind the backpad around to the side of the long to a switch in the cross member just in front of your seat.
when the ebrake lever is down, the switch will open the circuit, making the light go out.
if the cable and/or switch is broken and the wire *does not* short out, your gauge light will never come on. if it *does* short out, your gauge light will always be on.

so, find the switch under the ebrake lever and trace back from there ...
wink.gif Andy
Joe Bob
That switch goes bad on occasion...
phantom914
And if the switch is bad, I think it uses the same switch as the door light switches. If it does they are NLA, but a 944 door switch works in place of the 914 door switch so it could be worth a try. The button is just a bit longer on the 944 switch.

Andrew
jim_hoyland
Thanks for the help-I'll start there
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.