Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help from Distributor Gurus
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
seventythree
These couple of hard plastic parts live down in the mechanical advance portion of the stock distributor. The picture shows the biger ring in whole as well, but it's old & brittle and I don't want to use it.

Can these parts be sourced from anywhere? Any help would be appreciated.
McMark
I haven't been able to find any. sad.gif
wingnut86
Can one of our Uber Genius vendors in residence recreate out of Delrin or similar?

Specs for the brave soul who attempts?
Black914_4
I have a extra distributor that came with my car that should have the same pcs inside. You could have it for a couple bucks if you want it. It's in good condition and tight. PO had bought it to replace the on in the car but the car is a 2.0 D-jet and takes a different type so I just rebuilt the one that was in it.
seventythree
QUOTE(2xs performance @ Mar 28 2012, 06:06 AM) *

I have a extra distributor that came with my car that should have the same pcs inside. You could have it for a couple bucks if you want it. It's in good condition and tight. PO had bought it to replace the on in the car but the car is a 2.0 D-jet and takes a different type so I just rebuilt the one that was in it.

I would love to, but my car is a 73-2.0L w/ D-jet as well. Which distributor do you have? I am wondering if it would have those exact pieces in it?
Black914_4
It might. Mine had already been switched to electric advance so I don't know what they are suppose to look like stock. You said you needed pcs for the advance on top correct?
Heres a couple pics
Maybe someone else on here might know for sure if it would work.
underthetire
I'm sure I can have them made, if I could get good dimensions off them and enough people to want them. Not worth setting up the CNC for only a couple parts.
seventythree
QUOTE(underthetire @ Mar 28 2012, 07:58 AM) *

I'm sure I can have them made, if I could get good dimensions off them and enough people to want them. Not worth setting up the CNC for only a couple parts.

No problem, I'll measure & post later on today.
I am not if I can wait for the outcome, but if & when they become available, I'll grab some. chowtime.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.