Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-4 2 Liter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mr.JAJA
I am in a need of a full 2.Liter exhaust system for a 1974/75 914. GA Motor

I need everything around the Exhaust and Heater. Including Heater flaps,Elbows , extension tubes, lit's and muffler.

Is there someone out there who can help?

Mr.JAJA
euro911
Exhaust systems for '74 and '75 are totally different animals.

GA would be '73/'74.
jimkelly
so you know - you can use any version heat exchanger on that engine - but you will need the matching muffler and muffler hanger.

2.0 style HE
and 2.0 style muffler
and 2.0 style muffler hanger
or
1.7/1.8 style HE
and 1.7/1.8 style muffler
and 1.7/1.8 style muffler hanger
dadaDaveed
PM sent regarding this 2.0 setup:

Click to view attachment
914werke
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Mar 28 2012, 10:57 AM) *

so you know - you can use any version heat exchanger on that engine - but you will need the matching muffler and muffler hanger.

2.0 style HE
and 2.0 style muffler
or
1.7/1.8 style HE

OR late 75-76 setup
1.8-2.0 late style HE's
and late style muffler
and late style muffler hanger
the tin is different from early to late as well but the flappers are same across all yrs.

Although... I dont know why you would want to go that way wacko.gif
914werke
QUOTE(dadaDaveed @ Mar 28 2012, 11:05 AM) *

SWEET! drooley.gif
Tom_T
agree.gif with the above, but if you've got the GA motor already - or don't mind having a non-original 75-76 MY GC 2.0 (easily returned to stock if you save the parts) -

Then I'd highly recommend that you go with the 73-74 non-cat 2.0 exhaust system (SS HE's are best bet) & OE Banana or another Bursch, Triad, etc. muffler.

It will let the motor "breathe" better & thereby produce more HP along the lines of the 95 HP of the 73-74 2.0s.

I was surprised with our 88 Westy's 2.1L waterboxer, at how much more power it produced over the past 6-9 months, with the old original CAT insides disintegrated out & acting as a thru pipe (but we've just replaced it & re-smogged, so we're back to "normal" now).

So any 75-76 1.8 or 2.0 will perform better with the early 73-74 2.0 exhaust & no CAT, but you're in Poway CA so if it's a 76 you're stuck with the OE system & CAT & bi-annual smog tests! dry.gif

welcome.png
Tom_T
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 28 2012, 11:06 AM) *

QUOTE(dadaDaveed @ Mar 28 2012, 11:05 AM) *

SWEET! drooley.gif

Don't tease him Rich - sell it to him! biggrin.gif
Mr.JAJA
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 28 2012, 11:05 AM) *

2.0 style HE
and 2.0 style muffler
or
1.7/1.8 style HE

OR late 75-76 setup
1.8-2.0 late style HE's
and late style muffler
the tin is different from early to late as well but the flappers are same across all yrs.

The Car goes to Germany and there have law's for HISTORICAL Cars and the strickt TUV.

Mr.JAJA
Mr.JAJA
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 28 2012, 11:28 AM) *

agree.gif with the above, but if you've got the GA motor already - or don't mind having a non-original 75-76 MY GC 2.0 (easily returned to stock if you save the parts) -

Then I'd highly recommend that you go with the 73-74 non-cat 2.0 exhaust system (SS HE's are best bet) & OE Banana or another Bursch, Triad, etc. muffler.

It will let the motor "breathe" better & thereby produce more HP along the lines of the 95 HP of the 73-74 2.0s.

I was surprised with our 88 Westy's 2.1L waterboxer, at how much more power it produced over the past 6-9 months, with the old original CAT insides disintegrated out & acting as a thru pipe (but we've just replaced it & re-smogged, so we're back to "normal" now).

So any 75-76 1.8 or 2.0 will perform better with the early 73-74 2.0 exhaust & no CAT, but you're in Poway CA so if it's a 76 you're stuck with the OE system & CAT & bi-annual smog tests! dry.gif

welcome.png

I am not wory about Smogtest for CA Car goes to Germany and need to be Original for the period. 74 System from DadaDaveed works and I will go for it.
Mr.JAJA
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 28 2012, 11:05 AM) *

2.0 style HE
and 2.0 style muffler
or
1.7/1.8 style HE

OR late 75-76 setup
1.8-2.0 late style HE's
and late style muffler

Hello rdauenhauer
Can you tell me where the thin is different?

The car is (from the door post a 11/74) and the motor is a GA with, I assume, the GA thin.

Mr.JAJA
euro911
Manufacture date: 11/74 ... sounds like it's a model-year '75. Does your car have the shock absorbing bumpers? (the big ugly rubber ones) ...
Mr.JAJA
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 30 2012, 09:27 AM) *

Manufacture date: 11/74 ... sounds like it's a model-year '75. Does your car have the shock absorbing bumpers? (the big ugly rubber ones) ...

Yes the car has rubber bumper
euro911
If the car needs to be bone stock, you may need all the FI and smog components as well. I don't know if the smog equipment was required in the Fatherland, or just here in the US, but if it IS required, you might also need a complete 'late' GC engine too confused24.gif

I saw a complete late exhaust system for sale in the classifieds a while back, but I can't seem to locate the ad now.

Jason (AZ914) may still have some of the correct exhaust components that your '75 needs. Looks like he sold the muffler, but he hasn't indicated that the heat exchangers and muffler hanger were sold yet.

Link to his H/E ad

Link to hanger ad

You'd still need the head pipes, heater tubes, valves and a muffler, but for the prices he's asking, these look like a good start and a good deal confused24.gif

He may have some of the other parts available as well ... PM him type.gif

JeffBowlsby
I have a complete 1975 factory stock exhaust available if that is what you need. Exhaust manifolds, heat exchangers, heat ducting, air guides, flapper valves, muffler & muffler hanger. Complete, in good condition.

Please contact me by email if interested.

jabowlsby-at-gmail.com
914ltd
Dave, I showed my wife the pix of your exhaust parts, she was not impressed, I'm beginning to think there is something to this "Women are from Venus" thing. Brad

QUOTE(dadaDaveed @ Mar 28 2012, 10:05 AM) *

PM sent regarding this 2.0 setup:

Click to view attachment

euro911
My wife wouldn't be impressed either, but that wouldn't stop me from buying it if I wanted it shades.gif

... and IF she started bitching, I'd just put that new muffler up to my ear and ... laugh.gif
dadaDaveed
QUOTE(914ltd @ Mar 30 2012, 08:59 PM) *

Dave, I showed my wife the pix of your exhaust parts, she was not impressed, I'm beginning to think there is something to this "Women are from Venus" thing. Brad

LOL lol-2.gif Definitely something to that, Brad... my wife was hugely impressed when I assembled a breast pump (all of 4 parts) in 15 seconds without directions... but that afternoon I rebuilt my 40 year old transaxle... and she goes "Meh" dry.gif screwy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.