Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jerry Woods Open house pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
L8Apex
PICS!

CLICK Here
Jeroen
Cool pix!!! Thanks for charing

Didn't notice that white GT3 was actually a 911 untill I saw the camberboxes in the front trunk biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
(anybody know how hard it is to get a greencard... I'm ready to emigrate now!)
iiibdsiil
Who is he?
Jeroen
QUOTE(iiibdsiil @ Sep 28 2004, 02:06 AM)
Who is he?

Who's who?
seanery
Third Base?
iiibdsiil
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Sep 27 2004, 07:07 PM)
QUOTE(iiibdsiil @ Sep 28 2004, 02:06 AM)
Who is he?

Who's who?

Jerry Woods.
Mueller
what?? where are the pictures of my car Terrance???

just kidding smile.gif

Jerry Woods is the Nor-Cal, West Coast (and beyond) 911 engine guru, among other things.
Scott Carlberg
Jerry Woods is the owner/operator of JWE (jerry woods enterprises)

after working at Garretson Enterprises, a MAJOR race-prep shop located in Mtn View, Jerry opened up his own shop, JWE, after Garretson's "was run into the ground".

JWE is known, mostly, for the race-engines.

I actually introduced myself to Jerry at the open house, and asked him what it was/is about his engines that sets his shop apart.
He told me he never brags about the highest hp figures, but that his engines are strong AND that they are reliable and they last.

It's really quite amazing how many Great mechanics worked at one time at Garretson's. He brought up Garretson's after after I asked him about my two former mechanics, Motortech here in Modesto and German Motorsports in Fremont.
Both of the owners/operators of those two shops worked at Garretson's at one time.

IF you missed the Open House, you missed a VERY nice event.

- WEVO was there, along with a very knowledgeable rep, Brad Roberts.
- Carlsen Porsche was there with a Cayenne Turbo and a silver 997.
- JWE ran a engine on their dyno.
- SmartRacing was open.
- there was a Twin-Turbo, 800hp 996 racecar (GT1), wrapped around a 1969 911 chassis.
- an actual Porsche Factory raced 934.
- at least 3 911s that were set-up to run in the Porsche Racing Club/NASA..... which will be at Sears Point the last w/e of October.

and more.

Briget (sp?) even showed up, and IF you thought the cars looked good........

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
L8Apex
Damn Mueller, I didn't even get pics of MY car either! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.