Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ya baby!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
davidcalvin
Just got my baby back today. 1976 2.0L 914, black. Bought it off of ebay from a local seller who pretty much gave me the indication that it was safe to drive and that it had been well cared for... today's bill came to 2k.. mostly items needed to make the car safe to drive. Lights, major leaks.. new rotors.. new pads.. .. etc. The mechanic said that when they opened up the right rear brake light assembly (they thought to replace a burned out bulb) a quart of water came rushing out! It had been standing there so long it had corroded the cavity.. Oh, neat..

Just goes to show you.. PPI is definitely the way to go. Guess I learned the hard way.

Anyway. She's back and the ride is freeeeeeeking awesome! Lovin it.

Next up, new shocks and new tires. As soon as my wallet recovers!

I'll post pics of y'all wanna see. Or when's the next breeeeekfast?
Gint
Good for you. Live and learn eh?

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
skline
agree.gif

Post the pics, not all of us make it to the breakfasts.
Meredith
QUOTE(davidcalvin @ Sep 27 2004, 05:01 PM)
I'll post pics of y'all wanna see. Or when's the next breeeeekfast?

I don't know if people can wait for the next breakfast. Better just post 'em here.
davidcalvin
Needs paint some day. Not as bad as the white one I had though.
davidcalvin
Its got a blue license plate. I hear thats cool for Californians. The car spent its life in san mateo county.
davidcalvin
Still has the original blaupunkt
davidcalvin
Wheels look nice.. its got Yokohama es100's in its near future..
davidcalvin
Im not much of a photographer it seems..
davidcalvin
car drives really well.. motor feels and sounds strong. Transmission shifts so smooth. feels like a new car, cept it makes noises like and old car. rocking nana.gif
Rhodes71/914
Looks nice man! smilie_pokal.gif

Doesn't look like you have much room to work in that garage. Oh well at least you have a garage to put it in. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.