Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well, what do you think?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
Well, I came full circle this weekend and finished the 5-lug conversion by droping in the 911 spindles and brakes. Well, that was a lot of work (and money) to acheive "a certain look". So I was thinking, that now that phase I is complete, and remember I began this project by cutting out the rusted rear suspension console and surrounding rust - I was thinking of doing something easy. Like maybe adding a nice stereo and enjoy the car a bit, even with the primer real lid. You know, pretend, just for a small stitch in time that making upgrades to this car is easy. You know, like on the mini forum.

I did notice more pedal travel with the 911 brakes. Is that because I am still on the 17mm master cylinder? Oh, there I go again, talking about getting my hands dirty...

Well, what do you think? wub.gif
IPB Image
SirAndy
purdy! smilie_pokal.gif

as for the MC, i actually had my 17mm MC explode on me after i did the 5-lug conversion with the big carrera brakes!

and with my luck, that of course happened on the bay bridge during the morning commute.
nothing like trying to make it over the bridge with just the hand-brake ...
icon8.gif Andy
jim912928
SWEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT
rick 918-S
monkeydance.gif Change the MC. Car is cooool!
Gint
Looks great!

A new 19mm MC oughta do the trick.
SpecialK
Yep...19mm master cylinder, and while you've got it that far apart, might as well..... happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.