Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need 1.7 TPS cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tadink
Does anyone have a plastic 'hat' for the my TPS for a 1.7L FI engine?

I'm worried about running in in-climate weather for fear of getting 'goop' on my TPS and screwing it up even more than it already is.....

It has always been missing, so I don't even know what the damn thing looks like!

would appreciate your help

best

td

PS_ see, I'm learning, I even know what a TPS is now!
falconfp2001
Wow, never heard of that but a picture of the area may help?
tadink
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Mar 28 2012, 09:06 PM) *

I'm sure there must be a cover / lid / hat on this thing, so I'm assuming that mine is missing. IF this is just in the open, then I'm cool.....but it is my understanding that there is a plastic dooh-dad that keeps the crap off this piece of art.

thx

td

falconfp2001
QUOTE(tadink @ Mar 29 2012, 03:53 PM) *

I'm sure there must be a cover / lid / hat on this thing, so I'm assuming that mine is missing. IF this is just in the open, then I'm cool.....but it is my understanding that there is a plastic dooh-dad that keeps the crap off this piece of art.

thx

td

That looks like a 2.0L TPS. The 1.7 was either e 3 pin or 4 pin. How many pins does it have?
tadink
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Mar 29 2012, 07:48 PM) *

QUOTE(tadink @ Mar 29 2012, 03:53 PM) *

thx

td

I just grabbed a pic from a previous post - is there a lid to this thing? I certainly have a 1.7L version of this....

td

That looks like a 2.0L TPS. The 1.7 was either e 3 pin or 4 pin. How many pins does it have?

falconfp2001
Yes. There are two types, 3 pin and a 4 pin. Which do you have?
tadink
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Mar 30 2012, 12:23 AM) *

ahhh, now I understand your question - and the answer: beats the hell out of me! sigh, I'll have to go look now that it is light out - hold the phone.

td
falconfp2001
QUOTE(tadink @ Mar 30 2012, 09:02 AM) *

ahhh, now I understand your question - and the answer: beats the hell out of me! sigh, I'll have to go look now that it is light out - hold the phone.

td

No problem. It depends on the year of the engine. Youmay find a different year ECU and engine in an earlier car. The 70 to 72 1.7L had a three pin and then they changed it in 73 and later to a four pin.

The 2.0L had a five pin I believe. I have one of each 1.7 TPS and the TBs with them that I won't be using anytime soon. You should look at your PCB inside the TPS and compare it so this. If you see tracks worn into the PCB then you may want to consider replacing the board. They sell new ones at AutoAtlanta. Or just use the best TPS you can find. 1.7 are plentiful and may be 20.00 bucks. You can have mine for postage if you want.
tadink
BINGO - the plastic covering thingy! great pic - I have a 73 1.7L and no plastic gizmo to cover the TPS....I suspect that in the wet going water on that thing might not be the best.....and it has been rain-ish in CA this week and forecast is more of the same - so I think I need this thing.

anyone have one?

cheers

td

QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Mar 30 2012, 10:02 AM) *

td

No problem. It depends on the year of the engine. Youmay find a different year ECU and engine in an earlier car. The 70 to 72 1.7L had a three pin and then they changed it in 73 and later to a four pin.

The 2.0L had a five pin I believe. I have one of each 1.7 TPS and the TBs with them that I won't be using anytime soon. You should look at your PCB inside the TPS and compare it so this. If you see tracks worn into the PCB then you may want to consider replacing the board. They sell new ones at AutoAtlanta. Or just use the best TPS you can find. 1.7 are plentiful and may be 20.00 bucks. You can have mine for postage if you want.

euro911
confused24.gif It appears that Falconfp2001 offered you a complete TPS for the price of postage, you just need to let him know which one ... 3 pin or 4 pin
popcorn[1].gif
tadink
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Mar 30 2012, 10:02 AM) *

td

FANTASTIC - I'll take the 1.7L -
- many thanks for your kind offer....

Pls PM me with your address and I'll drop you a check for the postage.....

thx

tom
falconfp2001
The First Picture has an Early 1.7 TPS and Throttle Body. It is a three pin.

OOPS My mistake, The other one I had was not from a 1.7L

So, which do you need?

PM me the answer.

Frank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.