Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ECR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
Will there ever be an East Coast Ramble where it alternates between the north and south eastern states? Or does the Hershey event cover most everyone. The Hershey event is on my bucket list. Gotta make it back there for that some day. driving.gif

Cheers, Elliot
hot_shoe914
They usually do an East Coast Cookout too. Just another opportunity for the evil doc to prey on the innocent.
Dave_Darling
The East Coast Ramble went for quite a few years. It was generally (always?) in the Northeast; often in Vermont, at least once at Watkins Glen, and at least once in Montreal. I had some good times at those--must have been good, 'cause there are still some parts I don't remember! wink.gif

Evill Ed and Unca Dunca (John Dunkle from Rennlist) were involved in putting on the earlier ones, I think Ralf Hartmann organized several of the later ones. I don't know what is going on with it now.

--DD
type47
Kerry Herr started an East Coast Cookout/Mid-Atlantic Mid-Engine Ramble in about '04 ('03?). The first was in Richmond VA, then PA, MD, VA others repeat states; no ECC last year sad.gif idea was that is was held on or about 9/14 or when agreed upon
carr914
Well, we are going to have a SE Tropical Ramble @ Series9 in the Fall beer.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 28 2012, 11:20 PM) *

Will there ever be an East Coast Ramble where it alternates between the north and south eastern states? Or does the Hershey event cover most everyone. The Hershey event is on my bucket list. Gotta make it back there for that some day. driving.gif

Cheers, Elliot

There is an east coast ramble every year but its not really a 914 event.
It doesn't get much press on our forums.
Ralph Hartmann is still one of the organizers.

I'm (probably) having an open house at the shop this year, but my events are one day only.
zymurgist
QUOTE(type47 @ Mar 29 2012, 08:09 AM) *

Kerry Herr started an East Coast Cookout/Mid-Atlantic Mid-Engine Ramble in about '04 ('03?). The first was in Richmond VA, then PA, MD, VA others repeat states; no ECC last year sad.gif idea was that is was held on or about 9/14 or when agreed upon

I think we retroactively bestowed the title of ECC on Scotty's party.
mepstein
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Mar 29 2012, 11:30 AM) *

agree.gif

It was the place to be and be seen.
TheCabinetmaker
Go here for the history of the name ramble

http://914.pca.org/SIGsiteEventsHistory.html
rwilner
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Mar 29 2012, 10:37 AM) *

I'm (probably) having an open house at the shop this year, but my events are one day only.

Chris
Your open house / rally was the most fun I've ever had in my 914, please do it again this year!

Maybe Rich T will have a roadworthy 914 by then.....but probably not blink.gif
Dr Evil
Setting these up is like herding cats dry.gif We keep trying and it keeps moving around and then often almost not happening.
scotty b
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 29 2012, 07:38 AM) *

QUOTE(zymurgist @ Mar 29 2012, 11:30 AM) *

agree.gif

It was the place to be and be seen.

Works for me. I'll be having my party again this year, so if you all want that to be the official ECC then so be it smile.gif
zymurgist
Yay, maybe the paint will be dry in the rooms at that wonderful motel.
VaccaRabite
Yup, ECC is at Scott's shop in VA. I hate to sound bitchy (I really do) but I got annoyed when I worked to set up the ECC in Cumberland with Bill in 2010, including an AX and party, and got a totally lackluster response. We only had a few (4?) cars in the AX - which was almost all historics and insanely fun, and maybe 10 cars at the party. On a really NICE fall day, I was bummed to get such a small showing.

Scott got a nice turnout last year, so I'm backing his party as the new ECC, and embracing the nice mix of rods and porsches that show up. Its a FUN party!

Zach
gasman
Let us know....there are some guys in North Carolina looking for a road trip and some beer3.gif
mepstein
Scotty B's party was fun and he'll paint your car for free if you show up.
scotty b
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 4 2012, 07:26 AM) *

Scotty B's party was fun and he'll paint your car for free if you show up.

blink.gif huh.gif unsure.gif dry.gif mad.gif Just puts yours even farther behind then poke.gif
mepstein
Story of my life...
scotty b
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 4 2012, 08:40 AM) *

Story of my life...

sad.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 3 2012, 06:22 PM) *

Yup, ECC is at Scott's shop in VA. I hate to sound bitchy (I really do) but I got annoyed when I worked to set up the ECC in Cumberland with Bill in 2010, including an AX and party, and got a totally lackluster response. We only had a few (4?) cars in the AX - which was almost all historics and insanely fun, and maybe 10 cars at the party. On a really NICE fall day, I was bummed to get such a small showing.

I remember, I was working that weekend and couldn't get away until the last minute. I live only an hour or so away, but I didn't show because there were no directions to where the party was. There were directions to the airport/AX, but for someone leaving at 4:30, I assumed that the AX would be done and everyone gone by the time I got there. So I bagged it.

I think the lesson learned is that we have to have a contact posted early for people who are traveling.

Not to belittle your efforts, Zach. It's hard work and that's why nobody wants to do it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.