Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Otmar at Woodburn
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sgomes
Just a couple of quick pics for the 914 crowd. I hope Otmar doesn't mind me posting pics of his car here....

First one is him warming up those street tires of his.... blink.gif
sgomes
...and apparently the warm up worked! Yeah Otmar! smilie_pokal.gif

Still looks like it's squatting a bit Brad..
sgomes
...and I forgot to add these pics are from a person named "Tim M" I'm afraid I don't know his last name.

Also for those who don't know, Woodburn was hosting the electric drags this last weekend. Some super scary stuff out there! unsure.gif
Andyrew
Isnt that white car the one that suposedly holds the record for the fastest electric car?

If so... Why is Otmar ahead of him???

Good to see it in action.
Otmar
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 27 2004, 10:33 PM)
Isnt that white car the one that suposedly holds the record for the fastest electric car?

If so... Why is Otmar ahead of him???

Yes, I was also surprised at that.
It's not that I got faster, my best time was only a 14.023 at 95 mph. It's just that John was having troubles. He almost didn't bring the car since he had blown up a critical part of his Go-Fast machine. I beat him three out of four runs.

A friend just sent me a short video of one of the runs. Here is a link:
CaPoppy vs Zombie

I also broke the front motor mounts later in the day. The motors were slamming up into the trunk firewall. They bent it all out of shape and the engine lid wouldn't stay down since the latch was moved back quite a bit, but I ran anyway. The motor mounts are now made of grade 8 bolts and some rubber. They will not be breaking again. biggrin.gif

Have fun!
bondo
So when are you going to put in a light drag pack and clean house? smile.gif

P.S. The other transmission (the not broken one) had a broken bearing cage on the pinion shaft at the intermediate plate. (The steel bearing cage, not the brass one on the mainshaft that usually breaks) Good thing you went to a 930 when you did! smile.gif
Otmar
QUOTE(bondo @ Oct 15 2004, 11:02 AM)
So when are you going to put in a light drag pack and clean house? smile.gif

P.S. The other transmission (the not broken one) had a broken bearing cage on the pinion shaft at the intermediate plate. (The steel bearing cage, not the brass one on the mainshaft that usually breaks) Good thing you went to a 930 when you did! smile.gif

I guess I'm not serious enough about racing to do the Hawker batteries for a couple races a year.
Maybe someday when we get better batteries. Today it doesn't seem worth it for 20% HP increase.
The real trouble with racing the White Zombie is that the 914 body is a bit of a tank compared to a old Datsun 1200. He's got a few hundred pounds on me before we start. Still, I'm happy with the way it moves.

Sorry about the tranny. sad.gif it seemed good to me. Glad you are going through them. smash.gif
URY914
Does the motor just ummmmmm?

Does it make any noise?

Paul
3liter914-6
I did a quick search and didn't find anything, so i guess it hasn't been discussed yet. I just got back from FL, and bought some car mags to read on the plane. One of the mags was Motor Trend, and while flipping through, found a letter about electric 914s, sure enough the letter was from Otmar. Nice job getting published. smilie_pokal.gif Can't help but raise the profile and interest in 914s, specifically electric ones that haul ass.
SirAndy
QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 15 2004, 11:38 AM)
Does it make any noise?

besides the tire-squeel?

nope ...
burnout.gif Andy
grantsfo
I think a video would be the best way to capture this car. Its hilarious to watch him spin the tires from a 3rd gear start.
bondo
QUOTE(Otmar @ Oct 15 2004, 11:27 AM)
Sorry about the tranny. sad.gif it seemed good to me. Glad you are going through them. smash.gif

Don't worry about it, I bought it for parts. The near perfect 1st gear slider more than makes up for the bearing, believe me smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.