Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I thought these were the Holy Grail and NLA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Are these for real?

http://www.automotion.com/interior-door-ha...DEL_LANDING_914
carr914
Automotion sucks since they were bought by Ecklers

If you notice in the ad it says " Genuine Porsche Part", then later it says "our aftermarket"
TravisNeff
Another WTF it says that they are interior door handles laugh.gif
brant
Its awesome that these are being reproduced at a reasonable price

I haven't had the bad experience with automotion...
but so what at a reasonable price I can buy something

that was always the crappy thing about AA
they had absolutely the crappiest service and then would charge 3X what they should have....

I'll bet automotion at least sends the right part
and at the price they advertise it for.....

76-914
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Mar 30 2012, 08:04 AM) *

Read carefully. It says interior and it says exterior. I bet we find out shortly. beerchug.gif
SLITS
Listen you rich Redneck ... buy one and report back! mad.gif

Quit wasting ones and zeros ... you have to much time on your hands.

Hi Wendy wub.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 30 2012, 08:10 AM) *

QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Mar 30 2012, 08:04 AM) *

Read carefully. It says interior and it says exterior. I bet we find out shortly. beerchug.gif

Read more carefully..... blink.gif ......it's only the interior of the outer door handle "actuator" repair part.

Several venders sell this repair part, including HPH & Pelican IIRC.

Last I saw there were still the Porsche L & R outer handles (pricey) & repro ones (less pricey, but who knows on quality?) still available, but the interior handles have been NLA for a while AFAIK.
brant
now I'm getting confused...
the picture is of a door handle.

carr914
"Our aftermarket outer door handles are the same quality as the originals "
Als914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 30 2012, 07:56 AM) *

I have a set on my car and it's hard to tell the difference from OEM but I have been happy with them for the price.
brant
yes they are aftermarket
and at 1/3rd of the price... they seem like a product we should welcome and was needed....

gothspeed
QUOTE(brant @ Mar 30 2012, 08:54 AM) *

yes they are aftermarket
and at 1/3rd of the price... they seem like a product we should welcome and was needed....

+914 ....... I agree ........... these are very welcome parts IMO .... smile.gif
URY914
I can still repair your broken ones for less money. biggrin.gif
JRust
Heck $75 for a new door handle is a great price. I didn't know they were available. Happy to see them. I have repaired a few also.
TheCabinetmaker
I've had them on my car for about 3 years. Got in on a first buy from my local p-car parts man. They look to be made a little stouter in the areas that are prone to breakage. I'm fully satisfied .
76-914
Well, there you go, score one for the Red Neck. biggrin.gif I'm sure someone will order one and when you do would you ask them what their current stock level is????
Bartlett 914
Are there right and left versions? It looks like it is saying right. I searched and couldn't find a left. The pictures appear to be the same like they made the handles for use on either side
jcd914
Their website has 5 listings for 914 door handles, including 2 that say "Original" in the title and 2 that have "Genuine Porsche" in their description. Prices vary from 74.99 to 279.99 but all of them have the exact same product description. confused24.gif

Exterior Door Handle Original, Right, 914, For Porsche®, 1970-1976
If you have owned a 914 for a while you have probably encountered some type of problem with your outer door handle. First the plastic accuator breaks (905512 $13.95) then the lock cylinder jams ($88.95) and finally the pot metal handle hinge breaks ($229.95 ea original equipment). Now we finally have an alternative to the high prices of the original handles. Our aftermarket outer door handles are the same quality as the originals just re-use your lock cylinders or purchase new ones separate. Fits 914 All.
Part #: P905511
Price: $279.99 ea.

Exterior Door Handle Original, Left, 914-4/6, For Porsche®, 1970-1976
Genuine Porsche Part
If you have owned a 914 for a while you have probably encountered some type of problem with your outer door handle. First the plastic accuator breaks (905512 $13.95) then the lock cylinder jams ($88.95) and finally the pot metal handle hinge breaks ($229.95 ea original equipment). Now we finally have an alternative to the high prices of the original handles. Our aftermarket outer door handles are the same quality as the originals just re-use your lock cylinders or purchase new ones separate. Fits 914 All.
Part #: P905510
Price: $279.99 ea.

Interior Door Handle, Right, For 914 Porsche®, 1970-1976
Genuine Porsche Part
Part #: P905509
Price: $74.99 ea.

Exterior Door Handle, Left, For 914-4/6 Porsche®, 1970-1976
Part #: P915780
Price: $139.99 ea.

Exterior Door Handle, Right, For 914-4/6 Porsche®, 1970-1976
Part #: P915781
Price: $139.99 ea.

TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 30 2012, 07:46 PM) *

Well, there you go, score one for the Red Neck. biggrin.gif I'm sure someone will order one and when you do would you ask them what their current stock level is????

Was that directed towards me?
If you want to show your immaturity by name calling, I can think of a few choice ones for you.
brant
Curt,

I think that Ron had called Kent a redneck jokingly in post #6
I think Kent was saying: score one for himself

wingnut86
Dammit, every time one of you gents says "Rednecks", half of the South, Deep South, Lower Mid-Atlantic states, OK and TX perk up and re-read these posts to make sure they ain't the subject!

...the other half just looks at pictures and can't read, so at least there won't be another war biggrin.gif
SLITS
Gad people ... get over yourselves ... Kent & I have been friends for a while ... I always refer to him as the Louisiana Redneck even though he is from Tejas. He knows I am an ASSHOLE and knows I am proud of it.

Politically correct ... hah ... go shit yerself.

stromberg.gif
TheCabinetmaker
well, I guess I should reread the thread before I put my foot in my mouth. Or maybe I should have some coffee before logging on in the morning. Apology extended. I think I need some salt and pepper.
SLITS
And I need more coffee to mellow out hissyfit.gif

Had to open the facility for a crew at 6 AM ... been up since 3:45 .... attitude in the shitter at the moment...... well, it's kinda there always anyway biggrin.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Mar 31 2012, 08:01 AM) *

Dammit, every time one of you gents says "Rednecks", half of the South, Deep South, Lower Mid-Atlantic states, OK and TX perk up and re-read these posts to make sure they ain't the subject!

...the other half just looks at pictures and can't read, so at least there won't be another war biggrin.gif

There are plenty of rednecks in all those states, and according to Jeff Foxworthy, I may be one! Ironically, the biggest redneck I ever met was from southern California and lived next door to me in Okieland confused24.gif . happy11.gif
SLITS
In SoCal our tans are all over .... he musta been from NorSoCal.
TheCabinetmaker
LOL. thats more info than I needed Ron.
76-914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 31 2012, 06:06 AM) *

Gad people ... get over yourselves ... Kent & I have been friends for a while ... I always refer to him as the Louisiana Redneck even though he is from Tejas. He knows I am an ASSHOLE and knows I am proud of it.

Politically correct ... hah ... go shit yerself.

stromberg.gif

beerchug.gif Hey Ron, he obviously doesn't know me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.