Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need 914's @ DE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Cracker
PCA Roebling Road DE is on April 21 and need more 914 company! I'm using the weekend as a shakedown of the ^&$(*&*@(*& changes made over the last 5 months. I've attended a few DE's and have come to realize - we need better representation - those GT3's & boxers are everywhere...

Come on out and enjoy your cars!
brant
way more fun to go wheel to wheel

after I did, I've done 1 DE in the last 14 ish years

its real hard to go back
Cracker
Uhm...I just went to Road Atlanta last weekend for the PCA Club Race, a total of TWO 914's there. DE or Club Race doesn't matter - just come out and enjoy the cars on the track (is my point).

BTW: Barber Motorsports Event 1 month ago - 178 cars (only 2 914's) - DE's appear to be an interesting venue for Cup Cars, Turbos, GTR's, Ferrari's, Corvettes, BMW's, GT3's (slew) and all at this one event. I can only guess most 914 owners are posers and attend the local car show instead of really driving the cars...I hope I'm wrong in my assessment. That would be such a waste of a great, old car.

At the club race level, it appears the low powered 944's have taken the space possibly once occupied by 914's - just an observation.

Regarding attending Roebling - what is your point?
brant
Club racing has never fairly classed the stock class 914

PCA has moved on...
as proof, how many 356's did you see at the event?
when I started doing events we used to have a half dozen 356's every time... not any more.
PCA has moved on past the 914

vintage is where it's at for 914's these days.
not the wild and winged ones.... but stock appearing cars.

Cracker
I haven't seen a 914 in any class (with my own eyes) that can hold a candle to any of the "fast" machines...that said, I thought an appeal to those on this site (ya know, 914...) was in order. We have got to have a strong contingent in the SE and it would be nice to have our own "crowd" in the PCA as well. In the meantime I'll just have to appreciate the 1 or 2 that show up.

QUOTE(brant @ Mar 31 2012, 06:04 PM) *

Club racing has never fairly classed the stock class 914

PCA has moved on...
as proof, how many 356's did you see at the event?
when I started doing events we used to have a half dozen 356's every time... not any more.
PCA has moved on past the 914

vintage is where it's at for 914's these days.
not the wild and winged ones.... but stock appearing cars.

wndsrfr
I'm DE'ing the heck out of mine & loving it. Driving it to the events, driving the events and driving home. Did 6 DE's last year at VIR, Summit Point and CMP. Done Zone 2 at VIR this year and heading to Summit Point again this weekend. Got her built right this time I think, showing 166rwhp from the 2316 and the gearing is now AFKASZ & is great.
Being the only 914 in a crowd of over 200 more modern cars is a treat....many, many lookers and lovers of the car come by commenting "I used to......" and "I can't believe that's a 4!" Sure feels good getting the point by from 911's, 951's, Boxsters & Caymans out there, but I sure do have to keep a sharp eye on the rear view mirror on those long straights for the 160mph gang....whoosh, point whoosh, point, whoosh! But then in the twisties, handling the momentum car well is where it's really fun......
All in all though, it's clear that we're a rare breed, and that's just fine by me...
ThePaintedMan
I would love to take mine, but I doubt I'd pass tech at the moment. Don't even have a helmet yet. One day.... soon hopefully.
fasthonda
Don't think I'll have it sorted and ready this year. Next year for sure at Road Atlanta with PCA or BMWCCA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.