Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 air cleaner housing vs. 911
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
My 75 GT clone has a 3.0 with Weber carb's and up until today I had K&N billet aluminum air filter housings. Back when I was collecting parts for the conversion I came across a OEM Porsche air filter housing that I believe was from a 911. It is all metal. Today I decided to install the OEM filter housing. It fit fine in regards to lining up with the carb's but it was too tall in a few areas. I had to dimple the housing in some areas with a hammer for clearance to the engine lid. I eventually got it to fit and the lid closes. Does the 914/6 air filter housing have a lower profile ?
carr914
Yes it is Plastic & is lower in that area
sixnotfour
If you have PMO manifolds they are taller also.

rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 31 2012, 03:05 PM) *

Yes it is Plastic & is lower in that area

TC will the plastic housing match up with my metal bases ? And are the plastic housings available ? Are they $$$ ?
Eric_Shea
I have a plastic housing with no snorkel. PM me if you're interested.

But, as the thread bears out, you need both generally... Shorter manifolds and the lower profile housing. Measure yours and I can measure this one. Maybe we can see how close we can get it. Your snorkel should fit.
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 31 2012, 04:28 PM) *

I have a plastic housing with no snorkel. PM me if you're interested.

But, as the thread bears out, you need both generally... Shorter manifolds and the lower profile housing. Measure yours and I can measure this one. Maybe we can see how close we can get it. Your snorkel should fit.

PM sent. Thanks
914ohana
Does anyone have a source on the clips that hold the top portion of the plastic air cleaner to the lower portion /carbs??

PN: P 911 108 167 00 ??

Thx for any insight
Mike
914-6 project
Mark Henry
Sorry for the hi-jack, but how much taller are PMO manifolds?
patssle
This is what I have, but I need an aluminum plate to complete my air cleaners.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.