Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another e-bay item from someone on another planet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Curvie Roadlover
Buy it now for $150, then PM me. I have a bridge for sale. Porsche shift knobrolleyes.gif
VegasRacer
For that price he should throw in the screw and allen wrench.
EdwardBlume
Aren't these the ones for sale at Kragen for 12 bucks?? HA HA AHA HA AHA!!!!!!
Qarl
Even AA has them for $45.00 or so. I have a new one, but I changed my mind. Anyone want to by mine for $150?

Karl
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ May 7 2003, 07:05 AM)
Buy it now for $150, then PM me. I have a bridge for sale. Porsche shift knobrolleyes.gif

My dad's got some ocean front property.... in sunny Aireezonee biggrin.gif
Qarl
Hey everyone, I questioned the guy directly about his pricing.

Here was his reply...

>>No you can not get these new from autoatlanta . I know the ones from autoatlanta and they are less quality of this and not even comparable. The ones that they sell are alot different. For your info, these were made by Amco, Porsche eventually stopped the company from using their crest. Anybody who knows about vintage Porsches would know this. They have sold on ebay before for $150+. I have already had an offer for $100 to end the auction. Amco at one time made top quality aftermarket parts for Porsche. But you should go by yours from autoatlanta. But you dont have to bid on it and you dont need to educate me on something that I have been doing for over 20 years and you should mind your fucking business if you are not intending to bid.<<

I sent him a nice reply, saying that I stand corrected, and that I could choose to respond with some choice words, but that I would take the higher ground and tell him "Good Luck".

His response...

"I accept your apology".

So I chose to respond with some choice words and vowed to spread the word on the Internet chat boards.

He appears to be a total A-hole.

I would recommend not conducting business with this person and help spread the word!

Regards,

Karl
Curvie Roadlover
Wow, what an asshole. By the way, I purchased this exact knob on e-bay LAST WEEK from someone else for $25 including shipping, but I must admit the one I bought was not new. In fact there was a bit of tarnish on the chrome part where the set screws go. Apparently, about $125 worth of tarnish. rolleyes.gif
Gint
For your info, these were made by Amco, Porsche eventually stopped the company from using their crest. Anybody who knows about vintage Porsches would know this. They have sold on ebay before for $150+.

I wonder why the hell he didn't put this information in the ebay add? Seems like this one simple statement would justify his asking price AND probably get more bids. I don't get it. Guy's a jag.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(kellzey @ May 8 2003, 05:30 AM)

So I chose to respond with some choice words and vowed to spread the word on the Internet chat boards.

He appears to be a total A-hole.

Karl

Careful there Karl, watchout when you open yer mailbox... laugh.gif he just bought a book on Poisonous Snakes and he lives in yer state too... cool.gif
good job clap56.gif
bruce
Curvie Roadlover
Only 3 days left and no bids. What a shock. I'm tempted to "buy it now" even though I already have one just so as to not miss out on the sweet deal.
Lawrence
Some people are just clueless.

He paid the listing fee for the item, and will probably pay it again. smile.gif

-Rusty
StratPlayer
Looks like someone took the bait

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2414229377 fighting19.gif
vortrex
haha...oh my. I had that exact knob in my 914 and threw it out because it was only in "OK" shape when I parted my car out. I knew I should have ebayed it as something rare. biggrin.gif
Curvie Roadlover
What was it P.T. Barnum once said?
scottb
notice the person who bid has no feed back. dummy bid? no... never!
Aaron Cox
i have that knob and one that looks like it too. both are ok, but not for a 150 bucks!
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(acox914 @ May 11 2003, 10:41 AM)
i have that knob and one that looks like it too. both are ok, but not for a 150 bucks!

No, on this planet, not worth $150, but on the planet the seller is from..........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.