Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Propane Injection Kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Ads: All Other Non-914 Stuff
Black914_4
Propane is a popular add-on for diesel performance enthusiasts and by people wanting to save money on fuel.

With gains of up to 100 HP and fuel mileage increases of up to 50%.

will help your engine make more power, use less fuel, reduce emissions, run cleaner, and last longer

www.wix.com/2xsperformance/homepage
orange914
Been interested and looking at doing either propane or water/meth injection on an 80's N/A 1.6/5 speed VW diesel.

How complete would this be for this application?
What would sell me on propane vrs. water/meth? (engine temp., instalation/operation/reliability, operating cost, other?)
Mike
Black914_4
About 3 years ago I bought my first diesel. I looked at kits online and they were running close to $2K by the time you bought all the extra's. So I designed my own propane kit for my f-250. It increased my fuel mileage from 9 to 14mpg, a 50% increase. It worked so good and I was so impressed that I decided I would build and sell them to help other people save money on fuel. I've sold about 100 kits since then, and everyone has loved them. I don't make very much per kit but my moto when I started was "my job is saving you money!"

Cons:
1. Complete kit with everything you need to install (except a tank)
2. Designed to work with a standard BBQ grill tank ( under $50 new. I don't try to sell you a "special" tank for $500)
3. Comes with complete instructions & even a decal sticker for your back window
4. Fully adjustable so you can fine tune it to your motor
5. Easy to install. Avg install time is only 2-3 hours
6. No maintance. Install and go...
7. Avg mileage gain is 6 mpg
8. Using standard grill tank makes swapping tanks on the road easy. Under $20 to swap tank at any gas station, wal-mart, lowes, etc.. No need to find someone to refill your mounted tank
9. Standard tank will last 1-2 months. @ under $20 to refill, costs to run is very low
10. Price. Kit is only $400 plus a tank. Under $500 total compaired to $2,000!
11. Makes a big improvement when pulling a trailer or driving up hills.
12. Reduces emissions & makes engine run cleaner
13. 100% safe and effective on any diesel motor, Stock or modified, big or small

If you have any other questions just let me know.

ALSO the people on this web site has been very nice and helpful since I've joined. Anyone on here will get a discount on top of the already low price!

Thanks
Matt
orange914
Thanks Matt, my biggest issue since I've been looking into both water/meth and propane has been getting an answer on if a set up has been built for a normally aspirated (non turbo), since I'll have no turbo pressure or vacuum signal to read.

Is this going to be on me to figure out a MAF setup or something else? Does propane tend to raise or lower temp.'s?

Mike
Black914_4
I have never ran a meth setup before so not real familar with them.

I build both turbo and non-turbo kits and/or can customize a kit just for you.
A turbo kit uses boost pressure to activate.
Non-turbo uses oil pressure to activate.
In both cases anything above an idle and it injects propane.
All propane systems are about them same. All will give the same results, whether you pay $500 or $5000. You can only safely inject so much propane. And more is NOT better. Turning it up and injecting more will not gain you anything except raising your temps and cause pre-detonation. As long as it's set to specs your engine will run more efficent and cooler.
orange914
QUOTE(2xs performance @ Apr 1 2012, 10:01 AM) *

I have never ran a meth setup before so not real familar with them.

I build both turbo and non-turbo kits and/or can customize a kit just for you.
A turbo kit uses boost pressure to activate.
Non-turbo uses oil pressure to activate.
In both cases anything above an idle and it injects propane.
All propane systems are about them same. All will give the same results, whether you pay $500 or $5000. You can only safely inject so much propane. And more is NOT better. Turning it up and injecting more will not gain you anything except raising your temps and cause pre-detonation. As long as it's set to specs your engine will run more efficent and cooler.

p.m. sent beer.gif
Mr.242
Would love a kit for my 7.3L Powerstroke. However, I'm investing all my cash in my SIX build.

I will put this on my 'to do list' before fall.

beerchug.gif
Black914_4
Whenever your ready I'll be glad to help get you set up with one.
Its a great product at a great price.
More power and you save money on fuel! piratenanner.gif

( any money made from selling kits is going towards my fixing up my 914 right now) biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.